Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
The PL will always be the priority. It is the true test for any team. but winning the CL would be fantastic for City globally and commercially and make us an even stronger club. That would make it even easier to keep winning the PL.

League every time.
UCL is a cup competition that anyone can win with a bit of luck whereas the league takes true consistency to win.
Winning the UCL would shut a few knobheads up in the media and on social media but they'd just find something else to bang on about if we did anyway.
Personally I'd rather win one more Premier League than 10 of a corrupt competition run by a corrupt organisation.

How can the league be tougher to win when we have won the league several times but never the champions league. Odd statement.
You have a point, but I’d say you have to have better luck to win CL and errors/quality performances are magnified in importance.

It’s “harder” to be really good over 38 matches than to be periodically brilliant + avoid the “big mistake” + get favo(u)rable draws relative to peers over 13.

Your most difficult potential opponents always have a chance to snip you 2x in the league whereas you may never meet them in the CL.

The most important reason to me to win the CL (not over the Prem mind — just win it period) is that our owners and players want to, and though we pay for the privilege, we owe them for the rest of our lives for having added so much joy.

I seen it on a previous thread that some blues don’t care about the champions league and would rather win the league.
Now I am the opposite I feel like we need to get our first champions league under our belt to take away the mockery of it all

so I’m interested now if we had to choose one to win this season….
What would you prefer
For me it’s the champions league this season to get us that first one!
After that I would prefer winning the league every season but we need that first cup in my opinion.

no right or wrong answers so let’s not turn it into an argument. I just generally want to see what people would prefer and reasons why :)
We will still get you have only won it once/twice etc etc etc...............

Too much emphasis is being put on the CL being a cup competition and the belief that claiming it doesn't qualify a team as the best team in Europe. It's not about whether it makes you the best team, it's about breaking through barriers that stand in a respective clubs way, achieving what you haven't previously achieved. We've now firmly established ourselves on the domestic front. But there is a conspicuous spot in our trophy cabinet.

The Champions League final is the biggest game in the club football calendar; there are zero conceivable metrics that refute that fact.

When we were taken over in 2008, what did you dream about City achieving? Winning the Premier League? Absolutely. Winning the FA Cup, the League Cup? Absolutely. Winning the Champions League? Of course we did. I dreamt of winning the Treble, the Quadruple, you name it. Any City fan that says they haven't daydreamed, even the once, about City winning the Champions League since we were taken over is lying through their two front teeth. All this talk of preferring League Cups and FA cups is just a defence mechanism put up because as a club there is one mental block we just can't seem to break through, winning the most illustrious trophy in club football. It's a different type of challenge to tearing through a domestic like a juggernaut, it's a different type of pressure; and it's one that we're yet to handle and overcome. We need it to complete the set and become immortal.

Prefer winning the league. But we have to win the CL at least once, if nothing more than to shut everyone up. So CL until we do it, then league

edit: alas, didn’t read the criteria did I?! League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.