Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
CL is not superior in anyway, it’s a cup competition, put us in a super league next year with all the title winners playing each other twice and that is a true reflection. Liverpool finished 4th last year, Madrid didn’t win their league, so who was the best team? Madrid had 3 great minutes otherwise we would be there, try doing that over a season. City had 5 mins on Sunday but look at what they did over a 38 game season! The trouble we have is the narrative is you are not the best if you don’t win it, absolute shite, Liverpool haven’t won their league, Madrid have so they on paper are the best. Wigan beat us in the fa cup were they the best in the country, absolutely not, it’s a cup competition end of.
Im putting £50 on us for the quad next year,I believe Haaland is the catalyst for this, I think Liverpool will fall away again as I reckon Salah will go to Madrid, give me the domestic stuff any day, win that CL to get the monkey off our back and that’s the only reason.

I’d be curious to see what the fans would prefer if Pep came out tomorrow and announced that his next season would be his last with us. I have a feeling that many who voted PL on the poll would choose CL for him

I would agree, if we werent in for 3 in a row.

edit. (still wouldn't be an either or for me though)

edit edit. hey that rhymes yo

Finally, an honest post on the superiority of the UCL.
It’s not superior, it’s just we’ve not yet won it so the players want it more. If it had been the other way around and we had 4 CLs in 5 seasons but no prem, they’d be desperate for the prem.

Just look at the scousers, they’re desperate for another league win as the league sets you at the top as the best side. To do it over 38 games against your nearest rivals shows who’s superior.

The scousers have had the luckiest draw in that comp I’ve ever seen and if they win it they’ll have done so by beating Madrid in a one off game and nothing else to really write home about.

CL is not superior in anyway, it’s a cup competition, put us in a super league next year with all the title winners playing each other twice and that is a true reflection. Liverpool finished 4th last year, Madrid didn’t win their league, so who was the best team? Madrid had 3 great minutes otherwise we would be there, try doing that over a season. City had 5 mins on Sunday but look at what they did over a 38 game season! The trouble we have is the narrative is you are not the best if you don’t win it, absolute shite, Liverpool haven’t won their league, Madrid have so they on paper are the best. Wigan beat us in the fa cup were they the best in the country, absolutely not, it’s a cup competition end of.
Im putting £50 on us for the quad next year,I believe Haaland is the catalyst for this, I think Liverpool will fall away again as I reckon Salah will go to Madrid, give me the domestic stuff any day, win that CL to get the monkey off our back and that’s the only reason.
I don’t understand the obsession with a competition having to prove that you are the best or not. I want to win the damn thing even if it’s by defending 1-0 results like we did with Atletico. It does not matter. Cup competitions require different strategies, you can’t get away with a draw and negotiate the points down the line, you have an opponent and only one will survive, so you have to prove yourself, every minute of every game is consequential. This team has proven it can win the PL in different ways but it hasn’t proven yet it can win the UCL. I believe it can and will so there’s no reason why it shouldn’t

It’s not superior, it’s just we’ve not yet won it so the players want it more. If it had been the other way around and we had 4 CLs in 5 seasons but no prem, they’d be desperate for the prem.
If we had 3 CLs we’d be desperate to win the 4th and have more than United too

i really really want City to win the European Cup in the next two seasons
I have a feeling once we win one we may well go onto dominate the competition as the nerves will be gone. The squad Pep is building again and he will sign up for another 3 years could well see us surpass United , now that would be a sight to see.

PL, the fact Chelsea were even in it last year as non champions (and both finalist this season for that matter) takes all the previous prestige away from it. It used to mean you were the best in your country and now you’re the best in Europe.

How could Chelsea be better than us last year when we beat them over the season by some margin? They were better over one game. Just makes it a joke in my opinion.

Now we have two 2nd place teams in the final, Champions League my arse.

The counter-argument to that is how come a better team lost to the European champions 3 times in the space of 2 months ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.