Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
The counter-argument to that is how come a better team lost to the European champions 3 times in the space of 2 months ?
That’s the argument people didn’t want to have lol

“They were better over one game”. Exactly… it’s a FINAL. You win, you’re the champion.

I don't doubt or deny they want to win it, of course they do, desperately even, I agree. And I obviously want us to win it too.

Not at the expense of the PL though, is what I said. Nobody has ever even hinted at that. It is an odd assumption we have for some reason attached to it, but there has been nothing from.anyone at the club to suggeat it.
But there's been nothing to suggest that it isn't true, either. He was right in what he said, if you canvassed the opinion of all the players and staff on what they want to win next season (if there can only be one major honour) I'm willing to bet every single one of them will say the Champions League.

The counter-argument to that is how come a better team lost to the European champions 3 times in the space of 2 months ?
Being totally objective here,(up to this season ) we had won the Premier League 3 out of the last 4 seasons. The season we didn't win it we got to the 'Champions' league final the following season.

Being totally objective here,(up to this season ) we had won the Premier League 3 out of the last 4 seasons. The season we didn't win it we got to the 'Champions' league final the following season.
The point of this post (just to explain) is that it does make a mockery of the 'Champions' league doesn't it. Chelsea ofcourse finished lower than us the previous season.

I am surprised people here are saying that PL is the hardest trophy to win. If it’s so hard, then how come we have won the PL 6 times in a decade but haven’t won the CL once. I am super excited about us winning the PL but CL is every player and manager’s dream and we have to win it at some point. I was really hoping this year would be the year where we break our curse but it’s the same old like every time. We do seem to have a huge mental block in the CL but once we win it I am sure blues would be more happy than winning the PL.

Because in a longer competition the best team will prevail over the course of time and everyone plays equal games against the same sides. Cup competitions can rely on easier draws, one off games, penalty shoot outs etc.

Premier league every time. Would obviously like to win the Champions League, as with the League Cup, the FA Cup, the Charity Shield, a Wednesday night game against Leeds .....

The point of this post (just to explain) is that it does make a mockery of the 'Champions' league doesn't it. Chelsea ofcourse finished lower than us the previous season.
Only if you put an insane amount of importance on the name of the competition. The top 4 qualifies, that sounds good enough for me. And they all have a shot

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.