Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
Ferguson won 2 cl titles in 26 years what the rest should worry about is when we win it and we will win it we will win it again and again this next team pep is about to build is gonna be the best they will dominate for the next 10 years I've had a bet with a rag that we will get to 4 cl titles before they do I will collect that bet

Ferguson won 2 cl titles in 26 years what the rest should worry about is when we win it and we will win it we will win it again and again this next team pep is about to build is gonna be the best they will dominate for the next 10 years I've had a bet with a rag that we will get to 4 cl titles before they do I will collect that bet
We will get to three and Uefa will come up with a different competition and tell us it's nothing like the CL

The counter-argument to that is how come a better team lost to the European champions 3 times in the space of 2 months ?
Loads of reasons, but Chelsea clearly weren’t the better team, luck, injuries, suspensions, form, fixture congestion and mistakes (including from refs) have more impact on one off matches than over a 38 game season.

That’s why to win the PL you have to be the best, but to win the CL can clearly do it without being the best, you don’t necessarily even play the best teams as teams have off days and get knocked out.

A league is much harder to win, and a truer test of if you’re the best team in a competition.

Nobody thought Wigan were the best team in England when they beat us in the FA Cup final in 2013 (they got relegated ffs); nobody thinks Chelsea were the best team in the whole of Europe in 2021.

Cup competitions don’t mean much, I’ll take the PL every time.

Don't really remember reading how many years he has 'failed' to win it. Or how long it took to win the first one, how many years between the two, or how many years he hadn't won one since.

Loads of reasons, but Chelsea clearly weren’t the better team, luck, injuries, suspensions, form, fixture congestion and mistakes (including from refs) have more impact on one off matches than over a 38 game season.

That’s why to win the PL you have to be the best, but to win the CL can clearly do it without being the best, you don’t necessarily even play the best teams as teams have off days and get knocked out.

A league is much harder to win, and a truer test of if you’re the best team in a competition.

Nobody thought Wigan were the best team in England when they beat us in the FA Cup final in 2013 (they got relegated ffs); nobody thinks Chelsea were the best team in the whole of Europe in 2021.

Cup competitions don’t mean much, I’ll take the PL every time.

Chelsea had improved massively after Tuchel took over. Fixture congestion wasn't an issue last season, as we were running away with the League title, and the nearest challenger was United, not a relentless team like Liverpool. We didn't have any notable injuries or suspensions either. No excuses there. Losing 3 times on the bounce and then claiming City were better doesn't sit well with me.

Fully disagree on the last line. The Euro Cup and the World Cup are also cup competitions, and they mean everything, just like the CL. No doubts, the PL is an exceptional achievement, perhaps the toughest league in the world, but it's not enough to be regarded as the best team in Europe (which this City side has the potential to be).

But that's the whole point, we're yet to win it. It's the biggest trophy in club football and would cement this teams status as true greats. We can't just pretend it's an irrelevance because we haven't won it, our failure to do so is now as conspicuous as a flashing neon sign, and it will only get worse the longer it takes to win.

And this b******t that it's an easy trophy to win needs to stop being peddled. If it were we'd have won one by now, simple as that. It's a monolithic, psychological obstacle that we're yet to overcome. The margin for error is slim to nonexistent, and that in itself is a major challenge posed. Luck doesn't enter into it. You make your own luck in football.
We do need to win this competition, but you do need luck to win it. You need luck in the draw, you need luck with injuries and you need luck with referees. City had some luck, this year but ultimately it was bad luck and injuries that cost us this year.

I’d love us to win the CL, but never at the expense of the PL.
That always comes first and foremost.
The club want the CL of course.
I think for most fans though it will have to be the icing on top of another successful PL campaign.

Premier League all day, don't get me wrong would like to win it one day but never over the Prem

why would you pay for a season ticket,away tickets,parking & fuel approx £1500plus a season its like paying for an all inclusive holiday to the Maldives but end up in Blackpool

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.