Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
Agreed.

I've had the best 14 years of my life watching City since the takeover and not one of those years involved us winning the Champions League. I want it for the players and staff, and I suppose winning it would shut up a few United & Liverpool journalists you see out there on Twitter. I understand the prestige it would bring to a certain degree, but beyond that I'm not fussed. And would I even want the kind of "prestige" that comes with it?

When I was a kid, the Champions League felt like some far-off promised land that every team had to aspire to be involved with. But once we got there I slowly realised it was just a cup competition like any other that actually hindered our league campaigns. I haven't been to an actual Champions League game in the flesh since we lost 2-1 to Liverpool in 2018, because I realised during (and after) the game how unbothered I was by the result.

Word for word, that's my thoughts on the Champs League entirely. I want City to win every game we play, but the Champs League feels more important for the club as a whole and for the players, who are desperate to win it, than for me as a fan. If given the choice I'd take the league every single time.

If City not winning the Champs League keeps Pep here for longer, than that's arguably the best thing that could happen to us. He's on a different level to everyone else and it's a privilege to have him here.

I want the league most as the CL is a bonus when we get it. I also despise all this quad bullshit, considering the press believed GPC's bullshit for all those years.
Imagine if this seasons fortunes for us and the dippers was reversed with us having their CL opponents
City win league cup- nobody cares
City win FA cup ah but it was a shit game went to pens and pens is a lottery.
City finish second and have a CL final a week later. LALA'S have taken the gold from city after marathoneffortsin Madrid, and city had an easy run in the CL. If those cnuts win this weekend their will be no looking at the sports news for months cos it will be wall to wall with Bingo is a genius.

We need to be better defensively to win the Champions League and I feel unless we get a proper left back and Keeper with Walker at RB we wont win it, so we might As well concentrate on the premier league

The Premier League for me all day long. To win it you need to beat 11 of the top 20 richest clubs in the World. If Liverpool win the Champions League final they will have beat 3 of the top 20 on the way. There really is no comparison.

Do the English fans understand how important the Champions League is for fans from other countries?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.