Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
Would love us to go for the pl again, but if we come very close to making it to the UCL finals, then it would be wise to rearrange our priorities so that the UCL comes at the top of the priority list. It would be a shame if the likes of Kdb, Walker and Bernado go through their career here without lifting the UCL. Time isn't on the side of these players.

Could be in the 4th division and the league would come first, not saying i do not want the CL of course i do, i am greedy i want it all, but the priority is always the league.

I'm in no rush to win the CL. I want it every season because I want every trophy but we will win it one day, its going to happen, will probably be during one of our worst seasons such is the luck involved in winning it, but once we've got 1 in the bag, I really couldn't care what we do in that competition, I'd be happy to see us sacrifice that competition to secure the league if the choice has to be made. it will always be the league first for me. We could win the next 10 league titles in a row and no champions league during that period and I would still say I want the league first the season after.

Ferguson won 2 cl titles in 26 years what the rest should worry about is when we win it and we will win it we will win it again and again this next team pep is about to build is gonna be the best they will dominate for the next 10 years I've had a bet with a rag that we will get to 4 cl titles before they do I will collect that bet
Surely it 2 in 80 years if you count the years he didn't manage a team in the competition or the European ban etc.

Super League will come first with the shareholders only interested in profit as the CEOs interview hinted at yesterday.

Chelsea had improved massively after Tuchel took over. Fixture congestion wasn't an issue last season, as we were running away with the League title, and the nearest challenger was United, not a relentless team like Liverpool. We didn't have any notable injuries or suspensions either. No excuses there. Losing 3 times on the bounce and then claiming City were better doesn't sit well with me.

Fully disagree on the last line. The Euro Cup and the World Cup are also cup competitions, and they mean everything, just like the CL. No doubts, the PL is an exceptional achievement, perhaps the toughest league in the world, but it's not enough to be regarded as the best team in Europe (which this City side has the potential to be).
de Bruyne went off injured in the final and Pep messed up his team selection playing no holding midfielder, which we hadn’t done before.

The FA cup we started the below on the bench, and two holding midfielders, which we hadn’t done before, I’m not sure Pep was taking it seriously.

Kyle Walker
John Stones
Nathan Ake
Ilkay Gundogan
Oleksandr Zinchenko
Bernardo Silva
Riyad Mahrez
de Moraes Ederson
Phil Foden.

and the league games wasn’t important as you said, we’d already won it.

I think all 3 games were very winnable, and we fucked up from our own mistakes, not because we played aa superior team. I hoped Pep had learnt but the selection against Liverpool in the FA cup this year suggests otherwise with these on the bench:
Rúben Dias
Gündogan
Laporte
Rodri
De Bruyne
Mahrez
Ederson
Delap
Lavia

We were better than Chelsea last year and we’re better than Liverpool this year, even if they beat Madrid.

I'm in no rush to win the CL. I want it every season because I want every trophy but we will win it one day, its going to happen, will probably be during one of our worst seasons such is the luck involved in winning it, but once we've got 1 in the bag, I really couldn't care what we do in that competition, I'd be happy to see us sacrifice that competition to secure the league if the choice has to be made. it will always be the league first for me. We could win the next 10 league titles in a row and no champions league during that period and I would still say I want the league first the season after.
Agreed.

I've had the best 14 years of my life watching City since the takeover and not one of those years involved us winning the Champions League. I want it for the players and staff, and I suppose winning it would shut up a few United & Liverpool journalists you see out there on Twitter. I understand the prestige it would bring to a certain degree, but beyond that I'm not fussed. And would I even want the kind of "prestige" that comes with it?

When I was a kid, the Champions League felt like some far-off promised land that every team had to aspire to be involved with. But once we got there I slowly realised it was just a cup competition like any other that actually hindered our league campaigns. I haven't been to an actual Champions League game in the flesh since we lost 2-1 to Liverpool in 2018, because I realised during (and after) the game how unbothered I was by the result.

I am surprised people here are saying that PL is the hardest trophy to win. If it’s so hard, then how come we have won the PL 6 times in a decade but haven’t won the CL once. I am super excited about us winning the PL but CL is every player and manager’s dream and we have to win it at some point. I was really hoping this year would be the year where we break our curse but it’s the same old like every time. We do seem to have a huge mental block in the CL but once we win it I am sure blues would be more happy than winning the PL.
You can win the CL and not play one elite team.

You can win the CL and not win a single game, you can draw every game 0-0 in the competition and win all the KO games on penalties. Look at Liverpool’s two Cup final wins this season, two 0-0 draws.

If you drew every game 0-0 in the league you’d probably be relegated.

What do i want us to win more? Both obviously. but being honest. Think we need to get the chimps league monkey off our back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.