Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

Most of those were deserved, I personally didn’t like Dickov or Distin getting booed, maybe Sturridge as well.

I have clapped Barton and it’s usually been 50/50.

Milner can fuck off
And yet Milner has said less than in the seven years since leaving us than Sterling who left about seven weeks ago.

12 months left,300k a week,wanting out and upsetting harmony.......55m an insult?? lol

We did fucking amazing.
We did okay.

You just know though that if we were signing Bayern Paris or Madrid’s (the top teams in each league) top scorer over the last six years who was 27 years’ old, we’d be looking at over £100m… maybe £90m as he was in the last year of his contract.

It’s like the Bernardo Silva fee banded about. He’s the second best player at the best team in Europe, who’s 28 with three years left on his contract; and City put a £80m price tag on him. That’s too low, other clubs would have him as over £100m easily.

All the way back to selling de Jong for £4m right after he was Netherlands’ best player at the Euros, we have a record of getting modest transfer fees in.

Tell you where we did brilliantly, though: Ferran Torres for £50m. That must have been over double what he was really worth.

We did okay.

You just know though that if we were signing Bayern Paris or Madrid’s (the top teams in each league) top scorer over the last six years who was 27 years’ old, we’d be looking at over £100m… maybe £90m as he was in the last year of his contract.

It’s like the Bernardo Silva fee banded about. He’s the second best player at the best team in Europe, who’s 28 with three years left on his contract; and City put a £80m price tag on him. That’s too low, other clubs would have him as over £100m easily.

All the way back to selling de Jong for £4m right after he was Netherlands’ best player at the Euros, we have a record of getting modest transfer fees in.

Tell you where we did brilliantly, though: Ferran Torres for £50m. That must have been over double what he was really worth.
He’s very good but second best is not something which would be agreed by all.
Gundogan the better footballer. Bernardo the better athlete and better technically in dribblin, tight spaces etc… makes it great to have them both to play each one in different scenarios.
For example, Bernardo had a storming season last year but he was ineffectual against villa and it was Gundogan that replaced him effectively.
I agree the £60m plus fees seem too cheap. £80m plus I would say.

I personally think Sterling did well for the club even in his last couple of years. Yes his game went off slightly, but he still contributed greatly to our success.

I think his agent was always gearing for a pay day as his contract wore down. The Real Madrid story's, even from way back, hinted at this. City wanted him to commit early to a new contract and this was never going to happen. Then his game digressed slightly and Pep demands complete loyalty from his players or you are going to be on the edge of things.

There was definitely a group of players last year who felt slightly disgruntled. Pep is an experienced manager and he and Tixi have delt with this disisively. When Gundagon scored the title winning goal Sterling was in his ear, with a few comments regarding their non selection in the started line up, instead of celebrating the moment. The non show at the parade also maybe.

He certainly became a bit bitter. He probably regrets his recent comments, but he just couldn't help himself, in revealing his true feelings about the last couple of years at City.

We are a big, well run club and we do not need to reevaluate Sterling's contribution to our success. He was a decent player even when his mental focus wavered. Yes he had a few poor games, but do not question his contribution, just because of these comments.

Pep will ask for him to be respected, when he plays at the Etihad. When he looks back at the end of his career, he will realise that by keeping his cool about things, he could have achieved more success, in what he has referred to as his peak-aged years.

So let's not get worked up about him. This will show how great a club we are becoming. Things move on and there is constant evolution.
I agree with a lot of this but Sterling doesn’t have an agent. He represents himself so it was all on him.

The parade is for the fans and him not showing up was disrespectful and petulant. As were his recent comments on Sky.

I’m not going to boo him but he can get in the Milner bin for me.

Gundogan the better footballer. Bernardo the better athlete and better technically in dribblin, tight spaces etc… makes it great to have them both to play each one in different scenarios.
For example, Bernardo had a storming season last year but he was ineffectual against villa and it was Gundogan that replaced him effectively.
Slightly off topic but I find it funny how a couple of years ago people were moaning about Gundogan being rubbish, and now he’s the second coming of Christ.

He’s always been an absolute baller. Pure class.

I agree re Gundo. As for Bernardo being the second best player at City that's not right, brilliant though he is.Weve got a squad if great players, all important in the roles they play, including KDB and Bernardo.

Slightly off topic but I find it funny how a couple of years ago people were moaning about Gundogan being rubbish, and now he’s the second coming of Christ.

Not me. Closest replacement for David silva in terms of tempo maintaining

I totally agree and recall those on here who called him "wank" on many occasions even when he was playing superbly but they were too blind to see it !

Long before Raheem signed for us, I worked with a guy who had encountered him a fair bit during his early development. He would often talk about Raheem as, not the only, but a prime example of why he had fallen out of love with youth development. His rationale seemed to be that he and more so his mum were so driven and the focus was so exclusively on what was right for Raheem that it made her/him more difficult to deal with. Obviously I have no idea the degree to which this was accurate, but given his early life and some of the shit he's put up over his career it doesn't take a big leap of the imagination for his prevailing outlook to be a bit 'circle the wagons' and 'it's us against the world'.
From the outside, his comments strike me as having no obvious substance, to be ill thought through and a bit classless . But at the end of the day he is a professional athlete who had no pre-existing affinity with us and who is focused solely on his own needs. So I can't get particularly bothered or annoyed about him but what it does make me realise is how special those players that do develop a true bond and affinity with the club really are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.