Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hazard was £35.2m 3 years ago when he was 21, without prem experience and from an average league.

I doubt sterling will cost £50m, see it being around the £40m and if he turns out to be the player his potential says he can be he will be worth every penny.

Pleasure is all mine mate. I'm never going to be mean about a great club like Liverpool unlike some of these gloryhunters. They're my second team in honesty, and we could benefit from knowing our relative position in the world of football as a fanbase, especially when it comes to attracting players and the relative prestige of our clubs. we have all the money in the world but sometimes that isn't enough as Sanchez and others have shown.

I'm sure he will love the matrix writing.

Last edited by a moderator:
The value of the player and the value of the player to us are two very different valuations.

The one element missing in our side is directness, pace and the ability to beat a man and create that little bit of space. What our team is great at is retaining possession and then overloading areas of the pitch (out wide typically) and relying on that person to provide the final ball.
Sadly this year that 'moment' or responsibility has been left to Navas or the full backs. I have lost count of the number of times Navas has failed to deliver both with his shots and crossing.

Secondly relying on the crispness of passing and the movement of players is fantastic when players are on song but not as effective when there is a lack of confidence or form of key individuals. The passing can become a bit pedestrian resulting in a packed defence not being shifted about to create an opening when two banks of four are sat on the edge of the 18 yard box. A player like Sterling would provide us with that bit of individual ability to beat a player which will give us another string in our armoury to open the door.

Chuck in also the fact he is homegrown (which we need this summer), his age (therefore likely sell-on value) the player probably has more value to us than other clubs.

35/40 million would be a good price for us and I think the club has realised buying lesser talents, more cheaply, has proven a false economy.

Good luck to the Scousers they probably thought 80 million for Suarez was great money/deal. Well one team was propelled to the treble and the other squandered the money on second rate players and finished out of Champs League.

The value of the player and the value of the player to us are two very different valuations.

The one element missing in our side is directness, pace and the ability to beat a man and create that little bit of space. What our team is great at is retaining possession and then overloading areas of the pitch (out wide typically) and relying on that person to provide the final ball.
Sadly this year that 'moment' or responsibility has been left to Navas or the full backs. I have lost count of the number of times Navas has failed to deliver both with his shots and crossing.

Secondly relying on the crispness of passing and the movement of players is fantastic when players are on song but not as effective when there is a lack of confidence or form of key individuals. The passing can become a bit pedestrian resulting in a packed defence not being shifted about to create an opening when two banks of four are sat on the edge of the 18 yard box. A player like Sterling would provide us with that bit of individual ability to beat a player which will give us another string in our armoury to open the door.

Chuck in also the fact he is homegrown (which we need this summer), his age (therefore likely sell-on value) the player probably has more value to us than other clubs.

35/40 million would be a good price for us and I think the club has realised buying lesser talents, more cheaply, has proven a false economy.

Good luck to the Scousers they probably thought 80 million for Suarez was great money/deal. Well one team was propelled to the treble and the other squandered the money on second rate players and finished out of Champs League.
Common sense post of the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.