Rate Our Transfer Window

Rate our transfer window out of 10...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
8. Pluses. Got Jack. Kept Bernado, Laporte & Gabby. Didn’t get stung for Kane, Messi or PrettyBoy. Dias extension, Eddie extension, Stones extension. Ferna extension.

Minuses. No Haarland (maybe waiting). No LB cover for Zinchenko. Would have liked Rice or Phillips for the future DM role. Didnt get rid of Mendy when we should have - that ship has sailed now.

We’ve had worse windows.

Went right down the middle with a 5 - everyone has stayed apart from Aguero which means core dynamic stays the same. Can't rate it any higher as we've not really strengthened where we need to.

Grealish will be a good fit for us, especially when he gets used to playing in a midfield 3, but a striker was important to get in and we've not managed it. With the Mendy news as well, you would probably think we might be light here as the season progresses.

If Khaldoon had came out and said we were making small additions and would be conservative with spending then fair enough but his end of season made it seem we would be making key changes and freshening up the squad - be interesting to get some transparency in the future of what's happened.

We'll win a lot of games this season and we'll play amazing football but looking at the others around us, I don't know if we've done enough but fingers crossed.

Basing it on 5 actually being average and not the now common practice of the mean average of 5 being deemed terrible, I'm giving it a generous 3/10 and that's only because we kept the likes of laporte and Bernardo and even that was seemingly because nobody would stump up the money.

Sugar coat it however you want but our main priority was a striker, Pep said so, khaldoon said so every single city fan said so and we failed to sign one, that's a monumental failure by any measurement.

We didn't get played by Levy all summer, Pep himself said Levy refused to even entertain the prospect of a bid for Kane so why the hell did we hang around until a week before the window closes just twiddling our thumbs seemingly waiting for Charlie Kane to force Levy to deal with us with no backups?

Aside from the striker, I think we really needed a holding midfielder too but no movement there either and I think we will regret that before the season is done. I don't believe left back is a problem.

We paid a release clause set so high that the villa board didn't believe it would ever be met for a left midfielder which is arguably our strongest position in the side. Personally, I don't think he's better than our other options, I think Foden is already better and that gap will only widen, and sterling is vital to the squad for the sheer fact he's the only runner in the side. if others think he's better than foden/sterling fine but I don't think anybody will say he's a significant upgrade and that's kind of the bare minimum you'd expect when you break the British transfer record on a player.

Of the outgoings, got some OK money for squad players. can't say any of them are good prices, but none terrible either. I'd say most are on the low end of reasonable, didn't manage to get rid of all of them though. would have liked to have seen that money coming in reinvested in more of those kind of players to fill the coffers for future seasons, particularly once we had decided against a striker.

Overall, its a failure of a window and that is blown up more by the fact that 2 of what we expect to be our closest rivals had incredibly strong windows and have strengthened significantly. We still have the capabilities to have a good season and win trophies but what we've done is tied one of peps hands behind his back and thrown him in the ring to fight.
Good post, only bit I disagree with is LB. LB and striker reqd, but failed on both counts. As for DM, Rodri could be our top scorer...... ! Strongly agree that Foden is better left sided option than Floppy.

Really dont know. If someone in May says we will be in for Grealish and wont walk away after they ask more than 60-70m I laugh him off...
I think he needs to become D. Silva or KDB level player for us for this fee which I dont think he ever will be but he has a chance to prove me wrong. if he doesnt, we were ripped of big time.

keeping Laporte, Jesus, Bernardo to me is a better thing than Grealish because we are simply not able to get good fees and I would have hated to see very useful players even if they are in rotation to leave for piss poor fees on the market where 30m gets you Dan James...

the whole Kane debacle leaves a very bad taste tho, we were nowhere near close, we might have believed Charlie and Harry that they do have a gentleman agreement which worth less than the paper it is not even written on lol. we wasted a lot of time on it, and we even leaked for a long time we will try until deadline day for him if needed, and then even Kane realised this is never gonna happen this summer so he ended the bullshit about a week ago.
as Pep said good luck to him for the rest of his career at Spurs, I think Pep will never go back for him maybe for a very low price next year, but Levy wouldnt let a 1 year older Kane to got for very low price certainly he would still try to milk any buyer...

Txiki seems to prefer players with release clause where he does not have to negotiate a price or sellers in financial mess. this might not bode well for the future...

8. Pluses. Got Jack. Kept Bernado, Laporte & Gabby. Didn’t get stung for Kane, Messi or PrettyBoy. Dias extension, Eddie extension, Stones extension. Ferna extension.

Minuses. No Haarland (maybe waiting). No LB cover for Zinchenko. Would have liked Rice or Phillips for the future DM role. Didnt get rid of Mendy when we should have - that ship has sailed now.

We’ve had worse windows.
Grealish money please.

I gave it a 7, yes we didn't get a striker, that will come eventually. We added a player in Grealish who has proved more than competent in the PL and will only get better in time at City with Pep. We held onto both Bernardo and Americ who even though we're labeled as want aways have played hard and will continue to play for the badge. Missing out on Kane was unfortunate, but I believe it may have sent a message to deal fairly with City or move along, a valid stance for future windows.
Of course, we can always revisit this around the festive season and see what has played out.

Really dont know. If someone in May says we will be in for Grealish and wont walk away after they ask more than 60-70m I laugh him off...
I think he needs to become D. Silva or KDB level player for us for this fee which I dont think he ever will be but he has a chance to prove me wrong. if he doesnt, we were ripped of big time.

keeping Laporte, Jesus, Bernardo to me is a better thing than Grealish because we are simply not able to get good fees and I would have hated to see very useful players even if they are in rotation to leave for piss poor fees on the market where 30m gets you Dan James...

the whole Kane debacle leaves a very bad taste tho, we were nowhere near close, we might have believed Charlie and Harry that they do have a gentleman agreement which worth less than the paper it is not even written on lol. we wasted a lot of time on it, and we even leaked for a long time we will try until deadline day for him if needed, and then even Kane realised this is never gonna happen this summer so he ended the bullshit about a week ago.
as Pep said good luck to him for the rest of his career at Spurs, I think Pep will never go back for him maybe for a very low price next year, but Levy wouldnt let a 1 year older Kane to got for very low price certainly he would still try to milk any buyer...

Txiki seems to prefer players with release clause where he does not have to negotiate a price or sellers in financial mess. this might not bode well for the future...
My father once told me, "in order to have a valid gentleman's agreement...you had better be dealing with a gentleman".

We have enough but this was a good window to buy and fill the three gaps and we didn’t.

However, I really wanted Grealish.

Each window we don’t do it the harder it gets. I don’t except there aren’t options for us out there particularly at LB and DM.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.