Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

My assessment, for what it's worth, is that he doesn't see Grealish and assumes the pass has been wasted, so he blows. (Edit to add: to bring play back and give the free kick as he sees no advantage).

Yes, I know it's a weak argument, but it's all I've got.

As said earlier, he has either thought Grealish was off, which is a fuck up as he should check with the linesman or has imagined something that simply doesn’t exist. The second he’s blown he knows he’s fucked it, same as the second it left Haaland’s foot he knew he’d missed an open goal.

Without doubt he will be dropped for his fuck up. The face from Taylor on the sidelines said it all, he knew immediately his mate had fucked it.
If he thought he was off he wouldn't call it until a goal had been scored, dont forget linesmen are instructed bot to flag it straight away, but to let the game flow so that removes that theory.

That's a matter of opinion. Mine is that he clearly played advantage and that is his decision for the foul. He isn't then entitled to make a second decision for the same incident. If having played advantage, no advantage ensues, that's down to City, not him.
That’s not entirely true is it though. If the ref thinks no advantage has been gained he can pull it back after playing initial advantage. I’m not saying that the ref did that as in no possible way could he have thought we had no advantage when Grealish is looking like being clean through on goal.

Im sorry i disagree. He shit himself. Panicked. He didnt know what to do for tge best and made a ridiculously bad call
Wrong. He knew the correct decision. He actually applied the correct decision, in allowing the advantage initially. There's absolutely no pressure on him after this. If Grealish messes the chance up, or if the defender catches him, so be it. If Grealish scores, where's the pressure on Hooper. He gets praised for applying the perfect advantage.

There can be no pressure on Hooper for making the correct decision - unless they're is pressure being applied from outside of the football pitch.

My assessment, for what it's worth, is that he doesn't see Grealish and assumes the pass has been wasted, so he blows. (Edit to add: to bring play back and give the free kick as he sees no advantage).

Yes, I know it's a weak argument, but it's all I've got.
Don't make the argument if you know it is weak. Go with the much more logical explanation - Hooper is bent.

Should i give the foul. Errr no i’ll play on, shit maybe i shoulda give that foul. Yeah ill give the foul. Shite grealish was through. Fucks sake im a reet **** me

This is how I see it.. he messed up. He looked embarrassed afterwards. Terrible error though if we lose the league by a point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.