Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

As said earlier, he has either thought Grealish was off, which is a fuck up as he should check with the linesman or has imagined something that simply doesn’t exist. The second he’s blown he knows he’s fucked it, same as the second it left Haaland’s foot he knew he’d missed an open goal.

Without doubt he will be dropped for his fuck up. The face from Taylor on the sidelines said it all, he knew immediately his mate had fucked it.
Did the Lino raise his flag, nope they allowed play to go on in this game even when it was clearly yards off letting VAR decided, he wouldn’t have been thinking about offside

My assessment, for what it's worth, is that he doesn't see Grealish and assumes the pass has been wasted, so he blows. (Edit to add: to bring play back and give the free kick as he sees no advantage).

Yes, I know it's a weak argument, but it's all I've got.
Yet in the first half he need to get it in writing to give us a free kick when it clearly wasn’t an advantage to play on

So basically this referee had a very casual attitude to the laws of the game. He allowed Spurs to take free kicks from blatantly wrong positions, failed to book a Spurs player for a rugby tackle on Guardiola late on, allowed Spurs to time waste and get away with kicking the ball away. Etc the Grealish incident is again a referee with a casual relationship with the rules, first he blows for the free kick, fair enough, the ball is moving and thus he should make City stop play and take the free kick from the correct position, however, for reasons that arent entirely clear he allows Haaland to play on and points that play can continue with no indication he will whistle for a second time, this is pisspoor refereeing and again a casual relationship with the rules. much to the referees surprise Grealish is clean through and his incompetence has caught up with him, in the nick of the ref time blows his whistle. Confusion abounds. The only consolation is if Grealish had scored, there’s a good chance the goal would have been disallowed because the referee had made a clear and obvious mistake.

its a mistake thats all. we have tons and tons of soft penalties given to us along with our share of crap decisions just like everyone else. but people only want to see the decisions that go against us.

if anything we are now part of the favoured big club bias.

its a mistake thats all. we have tons and tons of soft penalties given to us along with our share of crap decisions just like everyone else. but people only want to see the decisions that go against us.

if anything we are now part of the favoured big club bias.
I agree. Talk of corruption and refs being bribed makes me cringe. Makes us look like dippers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.