Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Maybe dropped for one week. It must be one of only a few professions where you can drop bollocks or worse, and never have to explain why/how, and just carry on as if nothing happened.

To be fair, they do, it all goes into the referee report. What they don’t do is share them publicly. I get to an extent why they don’t but I really wish they would.

Even in the highly unlikely event that he had, he clearly, clearly, waves play on, rightly giving advantage to the team that had suffered the foul. To then cancel that decision, which 100% benefits the team that had committed the foul, is absolutely ludicrous refereeing.
I think the unfortunate conclusion is the referee cheated City.
i don’t want to go down the victim route but if he didn’t blow his whistle after the initial challenge which let’s face it the players would have heard, his body language and arm action shows he is playing advantage only to change his mind means he’s corrupt.

Why would he blow to stop the advantage until that phase is over?

Did he think we could score? I think so.

I’m assuming because he wanted to bring it back as quickly as possible if he believes there’s no advantage. I think his reasoning will come out though. He’ll know he screwed up the second he blew his whistle.

On the he did it because he thought we would score and deliberately stopped it, personally I don’t believe that for a second.

The only reason I can think of is that he thinks Haaland just hoofed the ball away and he doesn't see Grealish until he's blown the whistle, maybe a Spurs defender blocked his view of Grealish, can't think of anything else.
I can think of another explanation. He knew Grealish had a one on one, and he cheated by blowing his whistle.

I’m assuming because he wanted to bring it back as quickly as possible if he believes there’s no advantage. I think his reasoning will come out though. He’ll know he screwed up the second he blew his whistle.

On the he did it because he thought we would score and deliberately stopped it, personally I don’t believe that for a second.
His reasoning, if it does ever come out, will be incredibly interesting. Or a bag of crap.

If that's the case, would it not be nice to see him actually apologising to the players on the pitch, and admit he got it wrong?

Sick of the lack of accountability, it would be refreshing to see a bit of ownership.

i was at the game and fucking fuming BUT after seeing the incident in the clip on this thread he clearly blows for a foul, at that point it’s my understanding he cannot allow play on cos the ball is dead. But for whatever reason he allowed Haaland to play a moving ball, realises he has fucked up and pulls back play. The referee is lazy and incompetent, but probably not corrupt, just shit.
He only blew the whistle when Jack recieved the ball one on one , he didnt blow when Haaland got up and played the pass , there was no free kick whistle until Jack was bearing down on goal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.