Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Just watched the regular 'Ref Watch' spot on SSN with dermot gallagher. He said a bunch of stuff, basically along the lines off. 'the poor referee made a mistake, he will be judged for a split second decision, everyone makes mistakes etc.'

Two interesting takes for me though were;

1. He couldn't explain as an ex referee why hooper chose to blow at that point.

2. He said what's surprised him the most is that out of all the PL referees, Hooper is the one that always plays the advantage. He couldn't understand why he didn't in this case
We know

If it really was motivated by not wanting us to win the league this year by the authorities, Liverpool and Arsenal wouldn’t have had the decisions that went against them.

Personally I find it worrying how many people seem to genuinely believe it might be corruption rather than incompetence given there’s been errors and contentious decisions made in so many games this season (both favouring and against everyone).

It’s bad enough that they’re as incompetent as they are.

They are incredibly shit with a conscious bias. I think after mistakes & hysteria it affects & alters future decision making.

There was some strange decisions, surely the easiest was a 90 min booking for kicking the ball out of his hands into the stands.

I do think it’s safer to make a mistake against City because we don’t make a fuss. The reason we don’t make a fuss is we concentrate on what we can control & if we’d put our chances away we’d have wrapped this up. That’s what Pep will tell the players & that’s how we’ll win the title.

I'll have to agree to disagree. This was an unprecedented error. The fact that there is no rational explanation for such a conscious decision MUST, for the integrity of the game, warrant an explanation, and that explanation cannot be just 'he made a mistake'. Hooper had a thought process in that passage of play, the least city are due is an explanation of that thought process. If his explanation is "I didn't see Grealish" then fine, people may disagree but we all just then move on.
The least we should get is the fixture replayed, referee demoted and an apology

Yes it was he came in from the side and then pushed him in the back as he did so
It’s called a tactical foul
Oh and by the way I’m not anti Rodri is our most important player and absolute warrior
Ww see it completely different, it was his first challenge, first foul and never warranted a yellow. There were several worse fouls committed earlier with no bookings, Rodri is being targeted

Last edited:
Ww see it completely different, it was his first challenge, first foul and never warranted a yellow. There were several worse found committed earlier with no bookings, Rodri is being targeted
He didn’t get the ball and pushed a player
One of the things the league are supposed to cracking down on this year is tactical fouls
Would you want that if it was any player on say Foden ?
I would
Finally I doesn’t help our cause when we ex assistant manager writes a book and tells everyone that’s what we do
Again I think we should
We wouldn't have conceded the first goal if Doku committed one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.