Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

I'm assuming you are a closet dipper
Nah, it’s just a fascinating character study.

We all wonder how seemingly normal people can be caught up in QAnon and then a thread like this exists and it all makes sense…

Hell, in a game where Lewis and Grealish were ruled onside, Ederson wasn’t sent off and City conceded goals from pub standard defending and the most stonewall penalty you’ll see all season some people are still trying to blame the officials.

We all wonder how seemingly normal people can be caught up in QAnon and then a thread like this exists and it all makes sense…

Hell, in a game where Lewis and Grealish were ruled onside, Ederson wasn’t sent off and City conceded goals from pub standard defending and the most stonewall penalty you’ll see all season some people are still trying to blame the officials.
Thread is to discuss the performance of the officials just because they are critised don't assume they are being blamed about the performance However, just of late they are having far to much influence on the result

Why did it take so long to rule Jack onside clearly they were trying their hardest to find him off Its simple if in 30 seconds they can prove against the on field decision it stands

Why should Ederson have been sent off?
Don't see that as a stone wall pen at all for me he dived and the ball was gone

Thought the ref had a good game today - wasn’t helped by the VAR delays, could have clamped down on the obvious time wasting but pretty much got his major decisions right (not seen the penalty as it was at the other end of the ground but the lack of protest from the city players was telling)
He was poor he gave Palace everything they were going down far to easy and he gave it every time He allowed too little added on Henderson was time wasting from minute one , nothing said. City players did protest and including the two fouls on Bernie just before Initially it appeared he was going to book the diver then suddenly changed his mind

He was in an offside position and looked like he was going to head it! Behave.
He dint interfere with Henderson, if he hadn't been there it would still have gone in Henderson was rigid on the spot, decision rescued his fuck up Having said that not surprised he gave it

Last edited:
He was poor he gave Palace everything they were going down far to easy and he gave it every time He allowed too little added on Henderson was time wasting from minute one , nothing said. City players did protest and including the two fouls on Bernie just before Initially it appeared he was going to book the diver then suddenly changed his mind
Can’t complain about the added time. We were winning at 90 mins and looking shaky so I was relieved when only 4 mins went up

Questionable defending is accepted. We saw it, we believed it. It'll probably appear again before the season's over, but what lurkers aren't seeing is the shitty reffin' and opaque VAR decisions.

Rodri got barged in the back, clear as fuckin' day, which then forces him to kick the ball into touch. Unlike the LotG which mandates a free kick, Tierney sees fuck all wrong with that and awards Palace a throw in! Un-fuckin'-believable, but as I saw it I must believe it. Why did VAR take so long over our goals yesterday? If they can't find an infringement it would take two dozen seconds at most. They look at it for so long that they are desperate to scrub off another goal for any fuckin' reason.

I thought it was at the time. but seeing it from that angle I really don't think so TBH.
He pulls his arm enough to alter Bernie's approach, which allows him to steal the ball Clear foul and strictly speaking a booking for pulling an opponent I doubt that Tierney saw it but VAR should have flagged it to him and Tierney would have awarded a foul The City players were asking him but all he wanted to do is check the pen, which the Place player dived like Tom Daley, unfortunately any slight touch regardless of the affect is enough to award a pen Anyone with a knowledge of Bio-Mechanics would be able to explain that the actions of the palace player wasn't a result of any slight contact Take the forth goal for Bournemouth last week disallowed for handball which was a consequence of the GK coming out and swiping at the forward making him stumble as he jumped to avoid the GK the ball spun up hit on the hand result disallowed Ridiculous should have been allowed as a) handball was not intentional and didn't gain him any advantage or b) a penalty

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.