Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

I thought the ref was alright really. Got the odd things wrong but I generally think we’re oversensitive to decisions made against us.

The standard of officiating does need to improve, a lot, but it’s not nearly as bad as we make out on here.

Not 100% certain how much this adds to the discussion, but to be fair to Rob Jones he looks like a larger-chested George Ezra

Do we know what was said, or are we just comparing the fact they were both contesting a decision?

Maybe Jack swore and Dunk didn’t?
It's what an assistant referee should expect from a referee. Lower tolerance for abuse toward your assistant than to yourself.

Worst is a referee who tells the assistant to manage abuse themselves and only ask him to intervene if they want the player to get a card.

Last edited:
I had a perfect view of this one.

Firstly it was ridiculous of Akanji trying to get to the ball in front of the attacker when he had no chance of doing so (Dias has been guilty of this ‘selling himself’ a couple of times recently. The poor judgement made him make a poor challenge (however I saw a similar but much worse one by Konate in the concourse).

At least three Brighton players rushed the ref pointing out that he was already on a yellow - I don’t think he was going to do anything at first until that point.

I didn’t see Akanji react until the card came out.
Beyond that incident my thoughts are;

I’ve seen that ref many times and he always wants to be the star of the show. He is poor in general and in my biased, humble opinion he treats us unfairly.

Within a few minutes of Jack’s booking (correct decision as he over reacted right in the linesman’s face).

However two minutes later we got a free kick down the left and Dunk and another player rushed the ref in a similar manner. Not even a hint of consistency.

Pep’s reaction on the sidelines to several decisions close to him told a decent story, and fair fucks to him having the discipline not to overreact or get a yellow or red himself.
If the referees were so biased and bent, then they’re doing a pretty shit job as we’ve won every single game at the Etihad so far this calendar year.

People just love to rant about referees.

I thought the ref was alright really. Got the odd things wrong but I generally think we’re oversensitive to decisions made against us.

The standard of officiating does need to improve, a lot, but it’s not nearly as bad as we make out on here.
I respectfully disagree. I thought Jones was absolutely shit yesterday. How Milner didn't get carded yesterday was a joke and that Foden good tackle was baffling.

As I said last night the officiating is the worst in The Premier League I've seen. They are all wildly inconsistent with their decision. I mean what was the difference between Akanji second yellow and Konate non second yellow yesterday?

They have the veil of VAR to protect them now and the rules seem to change on a weekly basis.

Pgmol are in a complete and utter mess currently and it doesn't look like changing anytime soon

I respectfully disagree. I thought Jones was absolutely shit yesterday. How Milner didn't get carded yesterday was a joke and that Foden good tackle was baffling.

As I said last night the officiating is the worst in The Premier League I've seen. They are all wildly inconsistent with their decision. I mean what was the difference between Akanji second yellow and Konate non second yellow yesterday?

They have the veil of VAR to protect them now and the rules seem to change on a weekly basis.

Pgmol are in a complete and utter mess currently and it doesn't look like changing anytime soon
I thought a lot if his decisions were delayed as if he was relaying someone else's decisions rather than making his own decisions.

If the referees were so biased and bent, then they’re doing a pretty shit job as we’ve won every single game at the Etihad so far this calendar year.

People just love to rant about referees.
I don’t know about bias and bent, but the standards have dropped massively over the last few years, it’s all very amateur to my eyes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.