Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

A bit like Jones. His weakness as a ref seems to be in transition.

The Foden “foul” near the end was pure guesswork on his behalf. He saw both try and toe the ball, Mitoma fell over and he guessed Foden caused it.

Another time, Ferguson nipped in and fell over at the slightest touch and he gave it, but couldn’t have seen it from his position.

Then Milner and Gvardiol dive near their own corner flags and get the soft free kicks fullback always get.

No matter how good or bad the referee, a huge part of the job is guesswork. The very best ones guess correctly more often than not. But they’re all doing it.

Ah was that it, our players were slipping rather than being pushed in the back by Mitoma, kicked to fuck by Milner etc

I'm not saying that Milner is a wanker and the ref let him of again. The obvious fouls I'm not arguing against.

The pitch was clearly very slippery and I couldnt see from were I was sat if the foul on Doku in the second half looked a slip others saying it wasnt.

The push on Foden was clearly a push but because Foden tried to stay on his feet the ref punished Foden !.

We have a mechanism in place that could take the guesswork out of the game, but the PiGMOL refuse to use it for that... or so we are told.

Isn’t the general consensus that if people want VAR at all, it’s for the big, game changing incidents only?

I don’t see many people advocating for them getting involved in every incorrect run of the mill foul or throw in.

I'm not saying that Milner is a wanker and the ref let him of again. The obvious fouls I'm not arguing against.

The pitch was clearly very slippery and I couldnt see from were I was sat if the foul on Doku in the second half looked a slip others saying it wasnt.

The push on Foden was clearly a push but because Foden tried to stay on his feet the ref punished Foden !.
So basically the ref was a **** on a slippy pitch?

Guessing ? How the fuck can one guess better than another, they shouldnt be guessing anything , you dont see it clearly then it didnt happen

Experience and player reaction probably the main two factors. If the ball goes out of play, you can’t not give anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.