Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

I don’t know about bias and bent, but the standards have dropped massively over the last few years, it’s all very amateur to my eyes
Do you not think the amount of scrutiny has exploded and Social Media exacerbated every slight inconsistency?

If we could somehow teleport referees from the 70s to officiate now, I think we’d see far worse results.

I don’t know why anyone would want to be a referee. It’s crap pay for the abuse they get and they’re never at home. It must be a very weird life.

For my sins I've just watched the Akanji 'second yellow' back and I'm fucking FUMING.

The **** couldn’t wait to get his card out.

If that's a yellow, there should be 10 sendings off every fucking game.
He's was under orders. Yes sir Mr. Webb sir.......

He's was under orders. Yes sir Mr. Webb sir.......
It's just odd that the same 'letter of the law' decisions go unpunished in many games, indeed often in the same games for opposing teams.

There is a level of consistent inconsistency for certain teams which is one of two things.

Either, they are ALL shit at their jobs (which Webb seems to be doing fuck all to address), or corruption is prevalent the PL.

Doesn't matter now
In the context of the game, no.

In the context of the way the PL is officiated, it absolutely DOES matter.

Both players could have gone on to commit a clear yellow card offence; only one would have been sent off, yet both players had committed the same offences.

That kind of 'inconsistency' changes the outcome of games, and can influence the outcome of the competition as a whole.

It could be the difference between winning the title or not.

In the context of the game, no.

In the context of the way the PL is officiated, it absolutely DOES matter.

Both players could have gone on to commit a clear yellow card offence; only one would have been sent off, yet both players had committed the same offences.

That kind of 'inconsistency' changes the outcome of games, and can influence the outcome of the competition as a whole.

It could be the difference between winning the title or not.
Mate
It won't spoil my weekend
There are more important things to bother about

Do you not think the amount of scrutiny has exploded and Social Media exacerbated every slight inconsistency?

If we could somehow teleport referees from the 70s to officiate now, I think we’d see far worse results.

I don’t know why anyone would want to be a referee. It’s crap pay for the abuse they get and they’re never at home. It must be a very weird life.
What if I offered you a once in a lifetime opportunity to referee next weeks derby?

What if I offered you a once in a lifetime opportunity to referee next weeks derby?
Would that be with total immunity afterwards? As a City fan, of course I would and I’d make up for 30 years of not having a penalty there by giving us 30 in the same game!

If you’re asking me to try and ref it properly, then absolutely no way!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.