Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Utterly terrible for the whole match yesterday. Like all our matches, its done in such an insidious way, nothing is overly blatant but its like the laws are applied to the letter to every City player but whoever our opponents are get the old school 'Premiership' refereeing where they can give us a load of kicks before being booked and the bar for a foul is higher.

For example, a Brighton player slyly clipped Doku on a break at pace causing him to lose his footing and stop the counter. Referee gave nothing, Akanji booked and red carded for two less egregious offences.

March kicked the ball away in frustration after the ref had correctly ruled a throw in for City near the halfway line. No card, Rodri is booked for the same offence.

Utterly terrible for the whole match yesterday. Like all our matches, its done in such an insidious way, nothing is overly blatant but its like the laws are applied to the letter to every City player but whoever our opponents are get the old school 'Premiership' refereeing where they can give us a load of kicks before being booked and the bar for a foul is higher.

For example, a Brighton player slyly clipped Doku on a break at pace causing him to lose his footing and stop the counter. Referee gave nothing, Akanji booked and red carded for two less egregious offences.

March kicked the ball away in frustration after the ref had correctly ruled a throw in for City near the halfway line. No card, Rodri is booked for the same offence.
Lost count of the times our players were fouled after the ball had gone in the Brighton game , it happens in every game now and the refs do absolutely nothing, which just encourages players to stick the boot into our players. Foden is the main victim he driblles through three or four players , they all take a swipe he eventually loses balance and the referee waves play on the officials should be protecting the skilful players , but appears if they wear a blue shirt , its fair game , Rob Jones yesterday was diabolical.

I think I’m glad I don’t have such cynicism about such things. It must get tiring.
But you never get tired of telling everyone the very same opinion time after time. Now that must be tiring!

Surely it’s part and parcel of the football experience to comment on all aspects of the game or otherwise it would be a very dull forum (and world)?

But you never get tired of telling everyone the very same opinion time after time. Now that must be tiring!

Surely it’s part and parcel of the football experience to comment on all aspects of the game or otherwise it would be a very dull forum (and world)?
Each person’s experience is different. I tend not to have to shout at the referee in every game I watch. I also don’t shout about perceived corruption based on nothing but emotional bias.

Feel free to pop me on ignore if you thing my ramblings are too strenuous and extreme.

Just remembered, what happened in the first half when ref stopped played on the edge of their box and gave them a free kick, played stopped for what seemed like a couple of minutes but nobody seemed to know why. Was it a VAR check?

It might only have been 7 years…

I get that people can be more suspicious than others, but citing a few decisions from years ago just makes a person seem obsessed.

Mark Halsey will be wheeled out soon because Foden gave away a foul that wasn’t one!
I love this proper whataboutery, keeps me laughing when reading the thread.

Each person’s experience is different. I tend not to have to shout at the referee in every game I watch. I also don’t shout about perceived corruption based on nothing but emotional bias.

Feel free to pop me on ignore if you thing my ramblings are too strenuous and extreme.
I enjoy people having different opinions but I get the impression that a ref could trip Haaland when through on goal and you would still say ‘it’s just one of those things.’

You post a lot of decent stuff (outwith your staunch defence of referees being a bit shit and incompetent with some performances being suspect beyond that level) so I won’t be popping you on ignore just yet mate.

I see similar things with how certain teams in England get reffed to the way the Old Firm get treated in Scotland. Refs feel more pressure when dealing with those teams whether that’s reputations, pressure from the fans, media etc but it does have an impact in my opinion.

The Konate and Akanji outcomes yesterday. It could have been the other way around but in the history of my watching of games what unfolded is what happens more of the time not less.

I’ve never seen another goal like the offside debacle at OT last season in 44 years of watching football.

I’ve never seen another penalty given in the circumstances that Ederson did at the Emirates last season.

Too many of these things happen for me not to be irked by it. What is great though is that our wonderful Blue Boys, take it, absorb it and keep on winning games and trophies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.