Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

I disagree.

Using lines make the offside decisions more accurate and takes away the subjectivity of one person thinking it's clearly offside and someone not being sure.

However, they do need to be much quicker making a decision.
Sorry,

you are missing the point of my post,

If it's not CLEARLY offside, then it's ONSIDE, i don't want it to be "more accurate". I simply don't want marginal offsides, marginal is onside, (benefit to the attacker? what on earth happened to that directive?) notwithstanding that it is so much subject to at best "variable" interpretations as to when the ball is played.

Don't want it to be better, i simply don't want it!

I’ve been saying for years now that they should simply implement an ‘umpires decision’ rule for offsides below a certain threshold.

It’s embarrassing to see the leagues around the world still trying to pretend they can pinpoint the moment contact is made with the ball.

On the Bobb goal specifically, it looked a clear offside as soon as the first picture was shown.

View attachment 105549
I’m not sure what you are meaning. There is a dotted line at the end of the Spurs player’s white boot. That blue line goes through Bobb’s boot near his heel. The red line is drawn at the end of Bobb’s boot.

There’s slight daylight between the lines, so it is deemed offside.

People are questioning if it’s the right frame to use and none of us can definitively say whether it’s right or wrong.

I’m not sure what you are suggesting, sorry.
I just do not trust VAR. I still have a copy of an obvious doctored VAR photo from the MEN where lines have been clearly changed to give the impression to justify disallowing a City goal. I challenged them and heard nothing back.

I just do not trust VAR. I still have a copy of an obvious doctored VAR photo from the MEN where lines have been clearly changed to give the impression to justify disallowing a City goal. I challenged them and heard nothing back.
And that‘s fair enough and the crux of it.

I feel your pain of loving City and having to watch them, whilst it riles you up every time VAR gets involved. It’s quite the vicious circle.

I’ve been saying for years now that they should simply implement an ‘umpires decision’ rule for offsides below a certain threshold.

It’s embarrassing to see the leagues around the world still trying to pretend they can pinpoint the moment contact is made with the ball.

On the Bobb goal specifically, it looked a clear offside as soon as the first picture was shown.
The problem is that there will always be a threshold.

In your situation, say it's 30cm either way, then you have the following situations:

29cm onside, assistant flags - offside given

1cm onside, assistant doesn't flag - onside given

29 cm offside, assistant flags - onside given

30 cm offside, assistant flags - offside given.

So, you still have it coming down to 1cm - you've just moved that 1cm.

And we still have to wait for a decision.

The problem is that there will always be a threshold.

In your situation, say it's 30cm either way, then you have the following situations:

29cm onside, assistant flags - offside given

1cm onside, assistant doesn't flag - onside given

29 cm offside, assistant flags - onside given

30 cm offside, assistant flags - offside given.

So, you still have it coming down to 1cm - you've just moved that 1cm.

And we still have to wait for a decision.
Of course, but it means the ultimate outcome comes down to a decision made by an on-field official rather than an arbitrarily decided ‘point of contact’ by a faceless person at Stockley Park.

Sorry,

you are missing the point of my post,

If it's not CLEARLY offside, then it's ONSIDE, i don't want it to be "more accurate". I simply don't want marginal offsides, marginal is onside, (benefit to the attacker? what on earth happened to that directive?) notwithstanding that it is so much subject to at best "variable" interpretations as to when the ball is played.

Don't want it to be better, i simply don't want it!
But then what is 'clearly' offside to one ref may not be to a different one.
So you will have a goal being disallowed at one ground and a near identical goal being given at another.
That will just lead to more calls of refs being bent or favouring certain teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.