Robinho.

hgblue said:
m27 said:
Yeah, I accept that mate. It's a stat that doesn't paint the full picture.

I also admit that I'm a bit blinkered with him. He winds me up and the devotion he gets from certain people on here (not you as you've been balanced with your argument) is, in my view, baffling and unwarranted on the whole. As I've said before, I think he's a flat track bully.

Yet people have their favourite players and he has never been a favourite of mine whilst I would always have Bellamy in my side. It's all about opinions as they say.

As I'm probably one of the people you're referring to I'll try to explain why I back Robinho to the hilt. I'm a City fan of many years standing and Robinho is, on his day, the best player to pull on a City shirt since the Seventies. I believe he had a decent start to the season up until he got injured. Since he came back from this injury he's been struggling, a bit like Tevez at the start of the season. Unfortunately, and this is where he differs from Tevez, his body language when he's not playing well isn't good. In my opinion, this isn't because he doesn't care, but this is how it appears to the average punter. I'm convinced that if the manager and supporters would back this player instead of getting on his case, then we could still have a hell of a player on our hands. This is why I back him on here, and why I hope he plays on Tuesday night. I hope he has a stormer, and a few of the people who have been slagging him off on this thread, will have the balls to come on here and apologise, as many had to when Tevez made them eat their words.

I respect your opinion fella but you suggest that the fans have been getting on his back which is simply not true on a match day. There have been grumblings but I wouldn't say the crowd have given him any real stick. In fact, given his behaviour off the pitch last season with him going AWOL, his behaviour at White Hart Lane and the below-par performances he's been turning out I think the level of patience that has been shown to him has been astonishing.

What else can we do?

the guy is not up to the speed and physical demands of the prem simple as, genuine world class players can play
/adapt to any league, we have all been had basically all bought into the hype and are now seeing what many said, he is an enigma all flicks and tricks nothing more (we have not seen much of that recently either though)

he was a sub at madrid a lot now we know why, on his day he can be a pleasure to watch but those days are few and far between,
i can understand fans backing him to the hilt as he is a blue but you are wasting your time he will never be what we have been led to believe he is never!

m27 said:
hgblue said:
As I'm probably one of the people you're referring to I'll try to explain why I back Robinho to the hilt. I'm a City fan of many years standing and Robinho is, on his day, the best player to pull on a City shirt since the Seventies. I believe he had a decent start to the season up until he got injured. Since he came back from this injury he's been struggling, a bit like Tevez at the start of the season. Unfortunately, and this is where he differs from Tevez, his body language when he's not playing well isn't good. In my opinion, this isn't because he doesn't care, but this is how it appears to the average punter. I'm convinced that if the manager and supporters would back this player instead of getting on his case, then we could still have a hell of a player on our hands. This is why I back him on here, and why I hope he plays on Tuesday night. I hope he has a stormer, and a few of the people who have been slagging him off on this thread, will have the balls to come on here and apologise, as many had to when Tevez made them eat their words.

I respect your opinion fella but you suggest that the fans have been getting on his back which is simply not true on a match day. There have been grumblings but I wouldn't say the crowd have given him any real stick. In fact, given his behaviour off the pitch last season with him going AWOL, his behaviour at White Hart Lane and the below-par performances he's been turning out I think the level of patience that has been shown to him has been astonishing.

What else can we do?

A fair and balanced post. I think people defend him a lot on here because they get sick of seeing our players called "wankers, bottlers etc." by our own fans. Fair enough if you don't rate him slag off his ability but the abuse is just sad imo.

bluem0ng said:
m27 said:

What else can we do?

A fair and balanced post. I think people defend him a lot on here because they get sick of seeing our players called "wankers, bottlers etc." by our own fans. Fair enough if you don't rate him slag off his ability but the abuse is just sad imo.

Something Ade & Toure have to look forward to on their return, cant wait till Lescott & Bridge gets fit. 2 more bad games from Tevez and hes in for it and dont mention Barry.
But weve always been like that, but seem a little spoilt now

Immaculate Pasta said:
Sheikh n Bake said:
get off your high horse mate. Robinho is a joke at the moment

What a twat for giving that penalty away, i also blame him for breaking the wall to allow Pienar to score from that free kick.

HANG ROBINHO

Fair point, we can blame Robinho for having a stinking attitude and for not committing fully to tackles but we cannot blame him for the two goals which were just shocking bad.
Micah must be off his head or just plain stupid if he thinks that he can blantantly pull the shirt off a forward and get away with it. At least he can try to hide it from the officials. Mancini was wrong to suggest after the ganme that it wasn't a penalty. I also noticed the Robinho was the first player over to the linesman to give him shit about the penalty award, pitty that Robbi isn't as quick to the action when it really matters.
Given was let down again by his defence, the wall was set fine, I think it was De-jong who lost position and moved 1 foot away from the wall, he didn't seem to jump too well either. No excuses can be made for set piece shite like this.

Pressure game on Tuesday now, the RAGS will have noted how poor we were. They were shite themselves this weekend but they still took the 3 points. Likely tro be Benjani, tevez and bellers up front. Will barry and De jong be dropped for Viera and Ireland?

Perhaps we could do with a cou;le of changes.

Failsworth_Blue said:
Grand Master Ram Rod said:
Robinho games for City: 52.

Great games (4): Portsmouth (H), Stoke (H), Hull (H), Everton (A).
Good games (1): Chelsea (H).
Games he tried but was average (2): Liverpool (A), Arsenal (A).
Games he scored but was average / crap and lazy (7): Newcastle (A), Twente (H), Spurs (H), Arsenal (H), Blackburn (A), WBA (H), Blackburn (H).
Games he was average / crap and lazy (38): The rest.

Craig Bellamy games played for City

Newcastle at home - Played well
Stoke away - Poor
Boro home - Good game
Pompey away - Poor
Liverpool away - Good game
West Ham away - Poor before he went off injured
Arsenal away - Poor
Blackburn away - Decent
Pompey away - Decent
Arsenal home - Outstanding
United away - Outstanding
Fulham home - Poor
West Ham home - Decent
Villa away - Played well
Fulham home - Poor
Birmingham away - Poor
Burnley home - Decent
Liverpool away - Poor
Arsenal home - Played well
Bolton away - Decent
Sunderland home - Outstanding
Wolves away - Played well
Blackburn home - Poor
Everton away - Poor

Huge difference in how the two are percieved on here yet they've both had there fair share of bad games and both had their fair share of good games since they've been at the club

I don't like bringing other players into the debate on Robinho but Bellamy is in direct competition with him and is praised left right and centre on here while Robinho is slagged off nearly every week despite only starting a handful of games this season
So Bellamy's had double the amount of good games than Robinho has and has played a lot less. You're kind of backing my argument up even more mate.

Plus when Bellamy isn't on top form, he works his balls off like any of us would and always gives 100%, Robinho hides and makes it feel like we have 10 men. Bellamy still looks a threat too when he's not playing well, whereas you know Robinho is just gonna slow down attacks and then lose it.

Immaculate Pasta said:
He'll start and star on Tuesday. Quote me on that.
Not being funny, but you've said this nearly every game since he returned. You'd think you'd get one right at least. I feel sorry for the fans who love him cos he's actually making some of yas look like idiots (which I don't think some of yas are) with the faith you keep putting in him and him just not delivering time and time again.

m27 said:
Alpe Mcfc said:
100% This. Why isnt there a 50 page thread on how petrov doesnt give two shits?

Probably because Petrov didn't arrive and instantly announce that he wanted to show he was the best player in the World. If you talk the talk you have to walk the walk. You can't have it both ways.

ok this post is for the ones amongst us that have a brain...why do you think robinho believes he has the potential to be the best player in the world?!

All his life he's had people telling him how great he is..and at santos he was..then real madrid chased and finally got him, and even though he wasn't really sucessful there..chelsea wanted him, but it was man city that ended up paying the British transfer record..and now barcelona (the best team currently on the planet) want him, even though he's not been particularly sucessful here!! Now which of this is his fault?!

Do you blame him for having an ego..would bellamy, petrov, adebayor be any different if that was their life??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.