Ruddy Neighbours- AGAIN

beano46 said:
blue81 said:
**UPDATE

I had a message from a real police officer (not a PCSO) saying he'd like to come round for 'a chat' he has been made aware I have a CCTV camera in my porch as well as 'another camera' (the bloody webcam!!) upstairs.

I've just called him back to explain that the CCTV is for my own safety and does not overlook any of my neighbours property and the 'other camera' he referred to is a webcam! He then started to ask me questions like what model is it (a 250GB dvr) and how long I have had them in place. I'm fuming these nutters next door must have been having a right good snoop round my house to have seen both cameras (web and CCTV) and I feel like I am being harassed via the police. I want to go round and see what the problem is, but the police asked me not to contact them, they're making me feel like I have done something wrong! He's coming round this evening.

If your CCTV Camera or Webcam views any further than the perimeter of your own property as in can see any part of the road and not just the houses opposite then you are breaking the law as this is classed as public surveillance for which you need a SIA license which are normally only granted to operators in licensed CCTV Centres.

Yes I was made aware of this when I purchased it. And when the previous (mad scottish lesbian) neighbours kicked up a stink about it they called a PC round who checked the camera views, said he was happy not overlooking any other house. He said he could not sanction my CCTV, but could not make me remove it either. I'm sure the fatties next door would have loved to have taken it down but due to their hyper obesity would never have pulled it off.<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:35 pm --<br /><br />
MCFC-alan88 said:
We need pictures, I don't mean of her, I mean of the area where your Webcam is. Can you see in the window easily? Is it on the first floor? How did she see it?

I'll post some when I'm home, I've got to stay at work now this afternoon- BBS (Big Boy Shit).

Webcam is in my upstairs spare room I have a desk and my webcam rests on the windowsill facing INWARDS i.e at me.

CCTV- I live in a mid terrace house, I have a small porch area (outdoors) bore you enter my front door and gain entry. The CCTV is situated here so as to look down on anyone entering my house- can see about a foot outside my porch i.e onto the pavement.

blue81 said:
beano46 said:
blue81 said:
**UPDATE

I had a message from a real police officer (not a PCSO) saying he'd like to come round for 'a chat' he has been made aware I have a CCTV camera in my porch as well as 'another camera' (the bloody webcam!!) upstairs.

I've just called him back to explain that the CCTV is for my own safety and does not overlook any of my neighbours property and the 'other camera' he referred to is a webcam! He then started to ask me questions like what model is it (a 250GB dvr) and how long I have had them in place. I'm fuming these nutters next door must have been having a right good snoop round my house to have seen both cameras (web and CCTV) and I feel like I am being harassed via the police. I want to go round and see what the problem is, but the police asked me not to contact them, they're making me feel like I have done something wrong! He's coming round this evening.

If your CCTV Camera or Webcam views any further than the perimeter of your own property as in can see any part of the road and not just the houses opposite then you are breaking the law as this is classed as public surveillance for which you need a SIA license which are normally only granted to operators in licensed CCTV Centres.

Yes I was made aware of this when I purchased it. And when the previous (mad scottish lesbian) neighbours kicked up a stink about it they called a PC round who checked the camera views, said he was happy not overlooking any other house. He said he could not sanction my CCTV, but could not make me remove it either. I'm sure the fatties next door would have loved to have taken it down but due to their hyper obesity would never have pulled it off.

As long as your aware mate, I've been a Shift Supervisor in a CCTV Monitoring for 8 years so thought I'd give you the heads up.

blue81 said:
The Flash said:
So your plan is, with neighbours having complained about your webcam behaviour and being spoken to by the Police about it, is to go on a charm offensive to rid yourself of the "Mr Herbert" tag you've landed yourself with?

If the new neighbours have talked to everyone else about you, besides good old Brenda, then a charm offensive is the worst plan. They will have informed the newbies that the ginger fella keeps himself to himself, can often be seen red-faced and sweating behind his lap-top screen in his upstairs room and there's no way they would let the kids play near his house. He'll claim that the CCTV in his porch is security to deter thieves from stealing his Kleeneze van, but it's often trained on the play park opposite.

Or words to that effect.

You may as well drive around the estate in an ice-cream van that also advertises your newly set-up child-minding business.

You're rep is fucked. Time to move out.

I drive a Mercedes, have never worked for Kleeneze, do not live on an estate and the webcam is for speaking to family and friends who in the Phillipines and the states.

ahah, the old internet link to "friends in the phillipines" trick. How much are you selling the boy brides for?...

york away to this! said:
blue81 said:
The Flash said:
So your plan is, with neighbours having complained about your webcam behaviour and being spoken to by the Police about it, is to go on a charm offensive to rid yourself of the "Mr Herbert" tag you've landed yourself with?

If the new neighbours have talked to everyone else about you, besides good old Brenda, then a charm offensive is the worst plan. They will have informed the newbies that the ginger fella keeps himself to himself, can often be seen red-faced and sweating behind his lap-top screen in his upstairs room and there's no way they would let the kids play near his house. He'll claim that the CCTV in his porch is security to deter thieves from stealing his Kleeneze van, but it's often trained on the play park opposite.

Or words to that effect.

You may as well drive around the estate in an ice-cream van that also advertises your newly set-up child-minding business.

You're rep is fucked. Time to move out.

I drive a Mercedes, have never worked for Kleeneze, do not live on an estate and the webcam is for speaking to family and friends who in the Phillipines and the states.

ahah, the old internet link to "friends in the phillipines" trick. How much are you selling the boy brides for?...

Be careful.

blue81 said:
york away to this! said:
blue81 said:

Be careful.

TBF Brookie, you're the one who's having the cops round every other day. I would suggest it's you that needs to be careful.

How's that going to look when the beak pull up and park right outside your gaff in a marked police car and come knocking on for you tonight?

Imagine what all your neighbours will be thinking then?

"Hey Sharon, the cops are speaking to that bloke over the road again"

"There's no smoke without fire."

Sucks to be you right now.

The Flash said:
blue81 said:
york away to this! said:

Be careful.

TBF Brookie, you're the one who's having the cops round every other day. I would suggest it's you that needs to be careful.

How's that going to look when the beak pull up and park right outside your gaff in a marked police car and come knocking on for you tonight?

Every other day?! They're coming round tonight- the third time in 7 years they've turned up at my house- hardly everyday is it!!

The way I feel right now If my neighbours want problems they're more than welcome to them- I'm not taking crap of this lot or the other nosy parkers over the road, I'm getting more and more angry about this as I think about it.

blue81 said:
The question is- how do I deal with this? They've only moved in like 3 or 4 weeks ago and now this.....I like to keep myself to myself, I am polite but only really speak to Brenda (neighbour on the other side who is lovely) this couple are already chatting to everyone on the road and I don't want them telling everyone else I'm some kind of voyeur when I'm not!

I might knock on tonight and set my iPhone on voice record mode and see what she has to say.....might also take round my webcam to prove what it is! Need this like a hole in the head.
I phone on silent web cams r you gonna fritzel her
I'm phoning the rozzer's on you- ya weirdo

blue81 said:
The Flash said:
blue81 said:
Be careful.

Every other day?! They're coming round tonight- the third time in 7 years they've turned up at my house- hardly everyday is it!!

The way I feel right now If my neighbours want problems they're more than welcome to them- I'm not taking crap of this lot or the other nosy parkers over the road, I'm getting more and more angry about this as I think about it.

"Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to spray-tanning"....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.