Russian invasion of Ukraine

A numbers station is a public broadcast that anyone can tune into but is encrypted so just sound like nonsense random words on a loop unless you know how to decode it. They were used a lot by the CIA in the Cold War.
Numbers machine repeatedly squawking 5-1 and 1-6. Not sure what it means though.

What do we make of Putin's meeting with the Israeli pm? I'm hoping some sense was talked and there may be mediation / a face saving way of backing down for Putin - or they may just have been swapping notes about annexing chunks of the neighbors back yard....
Oh your in trouble now
A numbers station is a public broadcast that anyone can tune into but is encrypted so just sound like nonsense random words on a loop unless you know how to decode it. They were used a lot by the CIA in the Cold War.

There’s a load of recordings on YouTube and a few are still active. Fascinating stuff.
Basically youre saying its Finlands version of Off Topic

To be fair, I don't think we should be tarring all troops with the same brush.

There are conscripts, regular troops, battle experienced troops and bloodthirsty Wagners.

If you were called up tomorrow and sent to fight in the Ukraine by the British Army, would you get there and simply refuse an order to take part in an offensive or shoot back at those shooting at you?
I'm not, I understand that probably, many Russian troops are just the same as any young lads
everywhere. This, however is irrelevant, just as it is in any war, it's not about parading how
one sides morals trump the others, but to bring it to a conclusion that expels the invader.
This is done by announcing to the enemy, by the pitiless slaughter of their forces, by every means possible. that their actions will not be met by meek acceptance, but by extreme resistance, it's
nothing new, it's just what happens.

They can't do that yet.

Yes it's been an incredibly stupid policy on the part of the Germans to drift towards dependance on Russian oil and gas, but it's a new German government at the wheel, they've acted as strongly as they can without risking German lives from freezing cold, and in a couple of weeks when spring arrives properly I think they'll cut it off ASAP.

Not really worth berating them, especially as our own response has been far weaker than Boris' initial bluster suggested.
The UK has sized 10x the Russian financial assets as the whole of the rest of the EU combined. We actually supplied then with weapons that they could defend themselves with prior to hostilities and have trained the Ukrainian army for the last 7 years.
Let's be realistic about who has actually done something to help Ukraine.
Well done to the rest of the Europe for finally joining the party.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.