Russian invasion of Ukraine

@Tim of the Oak you will find an article called Fourteen against One if you look at Wiki/Freedom Party of Austria/Further reading (in the reference section). Sorry, my tablet is refusing to post links!!
I saw a few articles mentioning how the Austrians have gutted their reputation through racism. I’m glad the other Countries have made a stand against the politicians who’ve encouraged bigotry.

It would have been better if EU support had been unanimous but I can also understand Hungary having its own priorities. We encouraged Hungary and many others to join the EU, partly to rebalance the voting power held by France, Germany, Spain and the Benelux Countries. As time went on the former accession countries became more confident in voting for their own interests.

I saw a few articles mentioning how the Austrians have gutted their reputation through racism. I’m glad the other Countries have made a stand against the politicians who’ve encouraged bigotry.

It would have been better if EU support had been unanimous but I can also understand Hungary having its own priorities. We encouraged Hungary and many others to join the EU, partly to rebalance the voting power held by France, Germany, Spain and the Benelux Countries. As time went on the former accession countries became more confident in voting for their own interests.
Quite. There is still a long way to go in the development of the EU. For example, there is currently an unholy row between Germany and many others concerning their support for energy bills. Technically, this breaches competition rules and smaller countries are complaining that German energy companies can prey on their markets with prices reduced by gov subsidy.
Watch this space!

"So off he went to Ukraine. Then I started getting messages from him asking what would happen if he refused to fight."

Stas told his father about one particular battle.

"He said the [Russian] soldiers had been given no cover; there was no intelligence gathering; no preparation. They'd been ordered to advance, but no one knew what lay ahead.

There will have to be an international enforcement mechanism. Stuff like de-militarised zones, UN inspections and so on.
That cannot happen because if Russia breached the agreement it would basically be a war. We won't invade Russia now, why would we do it in these circumstances?

That cannot happen because if Russia breached the agreement it would basically be a war. We won't invade Russia now, why would we do it in these circumstances?
We had mutual unannounced inspections as part of nuclear disarmament. No problem. Russian military attaches toured Greenham Common several times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.