Samir Nasri {merged}

but like i siad the real problem is with nasri that if you have him and silva in the same team you have to play with only one striker...now this can work but does RM want to do it this way...it worked last year but he seems to have changed tact[/quote]

Sorry Simon for just pulling this one paragraph out to quote but it can't be emphasised enough. Said the same thing when Sundays team announced, have said before and no doubt will again.

Against decent teams we can play two up front and either silva or nasri but not both, or we can play one up front an extra midfielder and both silva and nasri.

When both in side and two up there is no protection for either full back and even the best if full backs can't stop good players two on one

This slating of Nasri is going a bit OTT. He is our best player at using the ball and quite possibly our most intelligent in footballing terms (although I'd credit Silva with much greater ambition in playing risky passes, quite possibly under instruction).

What he did for the free kick was shameful but not hugely more ridiculous than Hart, Clichy and then Tevez for the seconds before.

If you want him gone then think back to crucial goals against Spurs and Chelsea.

He's not a lionheart I admit but Jesus he deserves a bit more support and appreciation than this. I doubt whichever fleet footed young winger you want in is going to match up an awful lot better. True improvements aren't all that available.

NQCitizen said:
If you want him gone then think back to crucial goals against Spurs and Chelsea.

Every single Nasri apologist makes this same point. Every one.

Then, when challenged, they look a bit confused and say "Well he was a great player at Arsenal"

Personally, I think that speaks volumes about his overall effectiveness.

Didsbury Dave said:
NQCitizen said:

Every single Nasri apologist makes this same point. Every one.

Then, when challenged, they look a bit confused and say "Well he was a great player at Arsenal"

Personally, I think that speaks volumes about his overall effectiveness.

The point that a player derided as a coward made key contributions in massive games is invalid then? He's been good many times for city he has a load of assists and good passing stats.

More importantly, what's the alternative?

I think when a player has been here for approaching 18 months and people can name the games he's played well in, well that just says it all for me!

He's this teams Elano for me, great on his day but doesn't have his day often enough.

Goodbye Samir

It's a clumsy analogy, but he reminds me of over watered blackcurrant.
You know there is sonmething good there, you just don't get enough of it and it's ultimatley un-satisfying.

Nasri and Silva is overkill they have the same properties as players so can't really compliment each other. Silva is better and if he was playing with a different player preferably someone with pace who he can play into dangerous positions and that player can in turn use his pace and ability to get past his man and create, even just using his speed to be played into a 1 on 1 situation.

But because they are so Similar its Silva to Nasri who turns and gives it backwards. Both good players just feels like both of them on the same team isn't needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.