Samir Nasri {merged}

Fanny Fart said:
I think when a player has been here for approaching 18 months and people can name the games he's played well in, well that just says it all for me!

He's this teams Elano for me, great on his day but doesn't have his day often enough.

Goodbye Samir

Well as no one has ever mentioned him being for sale you saying goodbye Samir is well pointless

NQCitizen said:
Didsbury Dave said:
NQCitizen said:
If you want him gone then think back to crucial goals against Spurs and Chelsea.

Every single Nasri apologist makes this same point. Every one.

Then, when challenged, they look a bit confused and say "Well he was a great player at Arsenal"

Personally, I think that speaks volumes about his overall effectiveness.

The point that a player derided as a coward made key contributions in massive games is invalid then? He's been good many times for city he has a load of assists and good passing stats.

More importantly, what's the alternative?

I don't care about stats, I care about what I see before my eyes. He isn't good enough. He doesn't do enough. He takes the easy option too much. He slows us down too much. He puts us under pressure too much. He looks for non-existant one-twos too much. He doesn't open defences up. He pulls out of every 50-50. He can't tackle. All he can do is poke little passes around and move down blind alleys looking for returns which aren't on. And pass it back to his centre halves, rendering the runs of the attacking players and/or overlapping fullbacks redundant.

The alternatives are manifold given our squad, but the main thing is to get him out of the team. Then you build a team using better, more effective players. You go 4231 and put one of the attacking four wide and Ya Ya in the hole. You use James Milner for his steel. There are many other player combinations we can use which are more effective than Nasri in a 4-2-2-2.

Fanny Fart said:
I think when a player has been here for approaching 18 months and people can name the games he's played well in, well that just says it all for me!

He's this teams Elano for me, great on his day but doesn't have his day often enough.

Goodbye Samir

I don't think people can name every game he's played well in - they can name those in which he has been one of, or the, outstanding player(s) (Spurs away, Chelsea home, Charity Shield, Southampton home). He's had countless other good games - of the 30 plus league games he must have played last year, we didn't win the majority despite him.

He's a frustrating player because he's capable of doing more than he has, but the idea that he's only had two or three good games since signing is nonsense - you don't win the title carrying someone in 90% of your matches.

Bobbies Black Bins said:
He wont get a sniff when Jimmy is fit.

He has lost a lot of respect from fans, players and Mancini.

Whether he has lost respect or not (which I'm not convinced of - don't think Vinny did when he ducked Ronaldo's shot?), I bet he does continue to get a sniff. As a player, Mancini seems to rate him more highly than Milner.

NothingSpecial said:
sh249 said:
Fanny Fart said:

Goodbye Samir

I don't think people can name every game he's played well in - they can name those in which he has been one of, or the, outstanding player(s) (Spurs away, Chelsea home, Charity Shield, Southampton home). He's had countless other good games - of the 30 plus league games he must have played last year, we didn't win the majority despite him.

He's a frustrating player because he's capable of doing more than he has, but the idea that he's only had two or three good games since signing is nonsense - you don't win the title carrying someone in 90% of your matches.

Bobbies Black Bins said:

Whether he has lost respect or not (which I'm not convinced of - don't think Vinny did when he ducked Ronaldo's shot?), I bet he does continue to get a sniff. As a player, Mancini seems to rate him more highly than Milner.

Maybe the fans want to see Milner play in the team? Not because he is better, but becuase he is english? That's why they talk trash about Samir?
No trust me they love a foreign player on here. Samir is dogshit at the moment so you cant form a decent argument in his defense<br /><br />-- Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:24 pm --<br /><br />
NothingSpecial said:
Imagine with another player like Nasri! Instead of passengers like Aguero, Silva and Yaya. Would probably lead the league now.
Then I saw this and realised you either speak nonsense for fun, are a bit special or French
Im going for French

Re: The final straw for Nasri {merged}

MSP said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
MSP said:
He was our best player bar Tevez and Yaya in last half an hour and it's harder to bully him from the ball than Dzeko, Balotelli and Lescott together. He barely ever lose the ball and that's why Mancini is playing him all the time.

HE WAS WHAT??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Utter tosh.

Well, I suggest you to watch last half an hour and to see who made most runs and passes to up front.

End product - for an 'attacking midfielder' - zero. How the hell you can rate his performance in ANY game above Zabaleta is complete and utter delusional crap.
As for 'runs' - yeah right - runs away from the ball and his team mates. I would say he was THE worst player on the pitch - but Balotelli was playing. To say our side only had 9 men - we probably did well!

There is a huge difference between not being brave and f*cking bright yellow, and Nasri crossed the line with that one action in many supporters eyes including mine.

Just as people love a trier, they see someone who wears the shirt representing their hopes and dreams duck out of no more than getting hit by the ball and costing such an important game and there is no way back for him.

Its not helped by him never really looking convincing playing for us, but a hell of a lot of people were willing to give the benifit of doubt and hope it was a time thing, well time up pal.............f*ck off

NothingSpecial said:
sh249 said:
Fanny Fart said:

Goodbye Samir

Bobbies Black Bins said:

Maybe the fans want to see Milner play in the team? Not because he is better, but becuase he is english? That's why they talk trash about Samir?
Outrageous claim

Not sure you'd want to hear this from an Arsenal fan but I'm not surprised at all. He had a good spell for us for about 3 months and that's it, often hiding and could never grab a game and win it on his own on a consistent basis which is what you expect for a high fee and such extravagant wages.

Many people say he should play in the middle but his problem is he takes far too long on the ball and whenever he played for us in the middle, he was poor. Plus we had Fabregas back then who was just on another level. It's not even bitterness as he left us, I can sit here and praise Fabregas and RvP to the heavens but reality is, he was never that good and more often than not, put in performances which looked as though he did not give a cr*p, lazy/unimaginative.

Sorry, two days have passed now and I'm still raging at his act of cowardice. He probably doesn't give a shit either and is sat at his palatial home without a care in the world. I would have paid a week's wages out of my own pocket to take that free kick to the family jewels to prevent the defeat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.