Scott Sinclair (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if Sinclair is more talented than Johnson, but it makes sense to bring him in as a replacement. Johnson had clearly become disillusioned at City. He knew he was never going to be a first choice. His lack of playing time over the last two season meant that his game was going backwards. He was very good against poor teams and inadequate full backs but the better teams had his measure. He needed a move to kickstart his career.

Sinclair will arrive full of optimism, determined to impress. He will spend a lot of time on the bench, but having played a full season last year, he'll be match fit and his form should be good. The manager and coaching staff will reserve judgement on him. When he does play he will be something of an unknown quantity, in our system.

Unfortunately most back up players have a limited shelf life. They need to be replaced after a while to freshen up the squad.

cibaman said:
I'm not sure if Sinclair is more talented than Johnson, but it makes sense to bring him in as a replacement. Johnson had clearly become disillusioned at City. He knew he was never going to be a first choice. His lack of playing time over the last two season meant that his game was going backwards. He was very good against poor teams and inadequate full backs but the better teams had his measure. He needed a move to kickstart his career.

Sinclair will arrive full of optimism, determined to impress. He will spend a lot of time on the bench, but having played a full season last year, he'll be match fit and his form should be good. The manager and coaching staff will reserve judgement on him. When he does play he will be something of an unknown quantity, in our system.

Unfortunately most back up players have a limited shelf life. They need to be replaced after a while to freshen up the squad.

I think like Rodwell SS will be given plenty of opportunities the rest is up tp him -

Sinclair is a massive gamble he has already flopped last time he was at a big club when he started off life at Chelsea. If we are all being honest he isn't good enough to lace Adam Johnsons boots by any stretch of the imagination.

What most of the anti Adam Johnson brigade forget is that Sinclair is a similar age to Johnson and there is a lot more work to do with Sinclair than Johnson. I just hope for Mancini's sake this pays off because is one hell of a gamble to take because you fall out with a player.

Mike D said:
Sinclair is a massive gamble he has already flopped last time he was at a big club when he started off life at Chelsea. If we are all being honest he isn't good enough to lace Adam Johnsons boots by any stretch of the imagination.

What most of the anti Adam Johnson brigade forget is that Sinclair is a similar age to Johnson and there is a lot more work to do with Sinclair than Johnson. I just hope for Mancini's sake this pays off because is one hell of a gamble to take because you fall out with a player.
Big difference is though sinclair is not a pisshead who thinks hes the finished article.

sinclair didnt flop at chelsea,he was a young guy learning his trade,he was loaned out to gain experience,there has been that many changes at chelsea managerial somebody was always gonna been overlooked!! he now has his chance at City,he must have faith in his own ability to come to us with our strength in depth!!

Adam Johnson had his chance and didnt take it,so much so he went backwards in his last year!! good luck to adam at sunderland btw

blundellbluemoon said:
Mike D said:

Big difference is though sinclair is not a pisshead who thinks hes the finished article.

Was just going to post the exact same thing. And 'not fit to lace his boots' is a ridiculous statement.

bluetrue said:
blundellbluemoon said:
Mike D said:

Was just going to post the exact same thing. And 'not fit to lace his boots' is a ridiculous statement.

All the above. Plus Sinclairs a couple of years younger.

Davs 19 said:
bluetrue said:
blundellbluemoon said:

Sinclair is more direct has more energy and a higher work rate. Overall I see his as improving the squad as an impact player.

cookster said:
Davs 19 said:
bluetrue said:

Sinclair is more direct has more energy and a higher work rate. Overall I see his as improving the squad as an impact player.
He'll be lucky to get on the bench. His time will come in the FA Cup, League Cup and maybe in League games when Champions League starts.

AJ had plenty of opportunities last season - 38 club appearances. He's very under-rated, and will be a huge buy for Sunderland. Don't understand how he could want to leave City unless he rated his England career above the bread and butter of his club football - which is of a much higher standard. Foolish decision on the players part

Mike D said:

Sinclair was 16-20 and part of an excellent squad whilst at chelsea. His playing time wad always going to be limited so to say he 'flopped' is just wrong. He was loaned out a few times to help his development and to give him playing time.

Whilst at Middlesborough, AJ was also loaned out (2006 to Leeds, 2007 to Watford). Does that also mean he 'flopped'?

You're also not factoring in the fact that Mancini has never really rated AJ and AJ wanted to leave.

Get behind the lad, he'll be a great asset.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:38 am --<br /><br />
Marvin said:
cookster said:
Davs 19 said:

He'll be lucky to get on the bench. His time will come in the FA Cup, League Cup and maybe in League games when Champions League starts.

AJ had plenty of opportunities last season - 38 club appearances. He's very under-rated, and will be a huge buy for Sunderland. Don't understand how he could want to leave City unless he rated his England career above the bread and butter of his club football - which is of a much higher standard. Foolish decision on the players part

Those first 2 sentences are totally contradictory.

He wanted to leave because he knows the manager doesn't rate him and he wants to 'start' games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.