Scott Sinclair (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
samharris said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Scott Sinclair is only 23 (Rodwell 22). We signed a totally unproven and relatively unknown Vincent Kompany at 22 - that hasn't turned out badly now has it?

Ahh..but when we signed Vinny many(so called) city fans werent up their own arses.:)

Fair point.

Do not understand some of the reaction, there are some simple facts

1/ We cannot have a squad full of marquee signings that all expect to play every game
2/ We need to introduce some speed as an option to come off the bench - so we need a player content to play this role - AJ did not have the speed and was not content to be a squad player

I think a lot of posters on here are sounding like the spoilt scum fans of years ago (maybe worse) - I know that sounds a bit OTT but perhaps some should just chill the fuck out.

Other worthwhilse facts to consider are:

1/ That we have spunked a lot of money on wasted players that have needed to get off the books
2/ We have set ourselves up to have a reputation of a soft touch / easy tarhet that will pay TTT transfer fee, OTT wages and pay agent fees - we needed to act to shed this reputation.
3/ We intend to comply with FFP

So - yes, we will probably try and get the occaisional top player that will bring someting we need - e.g. Hazard, but not if this means another 'bad' deal

People talk about £millions as if it was pocket money

The thing about Sinclair is he seems to have a great attitude and a great engine which, to me, means he has tremendous potential under the right tutorship.

Adam Johnson has a very questionable attitude and is pretty lazy. Those two traits of his personality will ensure he will never be the player Sinclair 'can be'.

Give me someone with a great attitude, enthusiasm and the core physical engine any day - you can teach the rest rather than someone with a bad attitude who thinks he's better than he is.

Telford_Blue_Hixxy said:
I look very much forward to see him play! Welcome to the club scott and to the people slagging him and bobby off, fuck off back on rag cafe where you belong!

Only This....

Telford_Blue_Hixxy said:
I look very much forward to see him play! Welcome to the club scott and to the people slagging him and bobby off, fuck off back on rag cafe where you belong!

+1

We needed a winger with a good cross yesterday, which we didnt have, hes got speed and good cross and can finish, and sinclair can do that, good signing for me

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Scott Sinclair is only 23 (Rodwell 22). We signed a totally unproven and relatively unknown Vincent Kompany at 22 - that hasn't turned out badly now has it?

Great point

Danielmanc said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:

Great point

TBF, Vinnie had been tipped for great things but City helped him realise his potential. They may do that for Rodders and Sinclair although I'm not sure either had VK's early rep. I'd rather be signing a Di Maria as or only winger but, as others point out, we cannot have a squad full of world class players: there has to be some balance.

mcfc1632 said:
Do not understand some of the reaction, there are some simple facts

1/ We cannot have a squad full of marquee signings that all expect to play every game
2/ We need to introduce some speed as an option to come off the bench - so we need a player content to play this role - AJ did not have the speed and was not content to be a squad player

I think a lot of posters on here are sounding like the spoilt scum fans of years ago (maybe worse) - I know that sounds a bit OTT but perhaps some should just chill the fuck out.

Other worthwhilse facts to consider are:

1/ That we have spunked a lot of money on wasted players that have needed to get off the books
2/ We have set ourselves up to have a reputation of a soft touch / easy tarhet that will pay TTT transfer fee, OTT wages and pay agent fees - we needed to act to shed this reputation.
3/ We intend to comply with FFP

So - yes, we will probably try and get the occaisional top player that will bring someting we need - e.g. Hazard, but not if this means another 'bad' deal

People talk about £millions as if it was pocket money

Spot on but some fans are just pure moaners and thick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.