season ticket waiting list

The reason they don't sell the entire ground as Season Ticket is that the people who can't get a ticket become disaffected (I think Middlesbrough is often used as an example of this) - you lose the fans who can't commit to a full season but want to attend the odd game.

Also it creates a problem with kids - sure I read somewhere we have one of the oldest average season ticket holder age - if we are to "grow the brand" - which we need to do to compete with the elite, then it would be difficult to bring new kids into the ground, if it is continually full of season ticket holders who continue to renew because we keep winning things!

DD said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I believe the club should sell as manay season tickets as they can this year and drop any stupid ideas of "capping" the numbers. ACtually there would be some sort of police imposed limit of 42,000 or something, to accomodate larger cup allocations, but that's it. That would represent a sensible cap if we could sell that many.

Get the bums on the seats, get their cash in. Get the ground full and create a demand for the last few tickets.

A hell of a lot of people cannot afford season tickets. Create a situation where you only allow 2,000 of those people access to each game and you risk alienating many potential supporters for good.

The club has to think long term and keep those people interested. Under your system, we'd cast thousands adrift for ever with their kids going to support clubs that would take them in.

City have done it spot on. Capped the season tickets to allow 10,000 less well of people the chance to go to games as and when they can afford it.

Fair point, let's cap it at 40,000 then and leave 4,000 on the open market for every game. There's also the cup games to pull the kids in.

i was under the impression that premier league clubs were limited to the number of seats that can be offered as seasontickets, isn't it somewhere around the 75% mark?

squirtyflower said:
i was under the impression that premier league clubs were limited to the number of seats that can be offered as seasontickets, isn't it somewhere around the 75% mark?
Actually now you mention it that does sound familiar to me too.

matkil72 said:
The reason they don't sell the entire ground as Season Ticket is that the people who can't get a ticket become disaffected (I think Middlesbrough is often used as an example of this) - you lose the fans who can't commit to a full season but want to attend the odd game.

Also it creates a problem with kids - sure I read somewhere we have one of the oldest average season ticket holder age - if we are to "grow the brand" - which we need to do to compete with the elite, then it would be difficult to bring new kids into the ground, if it is continually full of season ticket holders who continue to renew because we keep winning things!

After our first season at COMS the club said that 82,000 different people, excluding away fans, had bought at least one ticket. It clearly makes sense to expand the fan base, not least because it leads to more merchandise sales.

Think the waiting list was about 4000 at christmas by the this christmas it'll be 10000...We do need a bigger stadium............

Even though City want you to register an interest they will not contact you in turn using any waiting list. The waiting list is a myth. You will receive an e-mail from City with ticket news etc throughout the season based on the details you can give them, but it will be a case of ringing them or going online (which is what I did) on the first day of open sale. You'll get one no probs.

morley's wig said:
Even though City want you to register an interest they will not contact you in turn using any waiting list. The waiting list is a myth. You will receive an e-mail from City with ticket news etc throughout the season based on the details you can give them, but it will be a case of ringing them or going online (which is what I did) on the first day of open sale. You'll get one no probs.

it not a myth! we had a waiting list of 20000 after leaving mainroad to go to Eastlands....People I know got contacted through letters and emails! what they do do though is send you the info prior games that you can buy a ticket..........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.