Seat Counters - 2024/25

Club are pushing multiple Sparta Prague tickets to ST holders. Are we pricing out fans or do supporters who can't afford PL games have something else on that night?
Or is it because it's "only Sparta Prague", rather than a chance to watch City?
Be a bit of everything , but there seems an expectation games like this should be selling out and there’s no real reason why every single game should o needs to. A few years ago anything over 40/45000 would be considered a good gate for this type of game. IMO it still is.
As for me I could only really afford to travel down for one midweek game this side of Christmas and 3 weekend games so I picked the Inter game for my mid week.

Be a bit of everything , but there seems an expectation games like this should be selling out and there’s no real reason why every single game should o needs to. A few years ago anything over 40/45000 would be considered a good gate for this type of game. IMO it still is.
As for me I could only really afford to travel down for one midweek game this side of Christmas and 3 weekend games so I picked the Inter game for my mid week.
At the right price this sells out. The problem is nobody can justify paying £35 for this match and I don't really blame them.

This crowd should be full of local kids paying a fiver each, and should be the beginning of a lifetime of supporting our beautiful club.

Unfortunately the club seem to view our recent success as a chance to make a quick couple of quid, rather than being the building blocks for the next generation of blues.

This really will bite us in the arse one day

At the right price this sells out. The problem is nobody can justify paying £35 for this match and I don't really blame them.

This crowd should be full of local kids paying a fiver each, and should be the beginning of a lifetime of supporting our beautiful club.

Unfortunately the club seem to view our recent success as a chance to make a quick couple of quid, rather than being the building blocks for the next generation of blues.

For a club that does so much right I cant work this out, planning for the future seems to go by the wayside.

One of the many reasons I binned the CL off was buying a full price ticket only to find the club had shifted thousands at a reduced price to students etc.

Now driving 90+ mins each way means that I'll not go back to CL games to add to the other half a dozen reasons. They've lost me as an income source forever.

I have no issue with kids/school parties coming for a fiver tho.

One of the many reasons I binned the CL off was buying a full price ticket only to find the club had shifted thousands at a reduced price to students etc.

Now driving 90+ mins each way means that I'll not go back to CL games to add to the other half a dozen reasons. They've lost me as an income source forever.

I have no issue with kids/school parties coming for a fiver tho.
I'm not necessarily a huge fan of the reduced price to students either, they're normally not from Manchester and by that age have picked a team already.

However cheap tickets for youngsters will create so many fans for life, who 20 years from now could be the next generation of Blues.

This is most successful City have ever been, the fact is we should have loads undecided youngsters coming to the Etihad and getting hooked on city for life.

Unfortunately the club aren't interested in this, when there's an extra few quid to be made. It's really poor long term planning

Yesterday I spoke to a mate of mine who's a life long Stockport county fan, his son is about 10 years old now.

So many kids at his school, who've been raised City and united fans, now go and watch Stockport regularly and consider themselves Stockport fans.

City should be worried at the number of future supporters turning away because of price

Yesterday I spoke to a mate of mine who's a life long Stockport county fan, his son is about 10 years old now.

So many kids at his school, who've been raised City and united fans, now go and watch Stockport regularly and consider themselves Stockport fans.

City should be worried at the number of future supporters turning away because of price
I doubt anything will change until Soriano is out the door.

Look what he did to Barca and their ultras, and look at the state of their support now, they can't fill a smaller temporary ground while the nou camp is being revamped.

When I was that age, or just a bit older, my pocket money allowed me to watch Stockport on a Friday night and City on a Saturday. Doubt if many kids get the pocket money they’d need for that nowadays!

When I was that age, or just a bit older, my pocket money allowed me to watch Stockport on a Friday night and City on a Saturday. Doubt if many kids get the pocket money they’d need for that nowadays!

They wouldn’t even let you in the ground at that age without an adult these days, no matter how much money you had.

They’re not because under 1% of City’s fan base are now local. It’s all about globalisation now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.