Sergio's Offside, factually definitive or interpretive ?

And people dont want VAR when even after replays they still disagree if he was on or off. If VAR just helps to solve 20% of these issues its already a good thing.
i cant argue with your logic but it will suck a lot of the joy out of football if we lose the instant surge of emotion when a goal is scored.

That's a silly comparison as there was no VAR last year so obviously the goal would have stood. I have seen no evidence that we were shafted on that goal - it looked offside on every shot. The Llorente one is a clear example of VAR being badly applied. If the ref had seen the right shot, I have no doubt he would have chalked off the goal. Overall, he didn't do a bad job yesterday.
I was referring to why he didn’t see the right shot, as I have been throughout the thread.

Hence officials strangely “not seeing” things, this season and last.

Could apply to both.
yeah, wouldn't argue that. One day these fine margins will fall in our favour. I posted before the game yesterday that Raz would score a hatrick and Kev would have 4 assists. I wasnt that far out. And we lost. I still cant believe we shipped three goals.

yeah, wouldn't argue that. One day these fine margins will fall in our favour. I posted before the game yesterday that Raz would score a hatrick and Kev would have 4 assists. I wasnt that far out. And we lost. I still cant believe we shipped three goals.

HaHAHAHaHAHAHaHAHAHaHAHAHaHAHAHaHAHAHaHAHAHaHAHAHaHAHAHaHAHAHaHAHAHaHAHAHaHAHAHaHAHAHaHAHAHaHAHAHaHAHAHaHAHAHaHAHAHaHAHAHaHAHAHaHAHA HAHAHaHAHAHaHAHAHaHAHAHaHAHAHaHAHAHaHAHAHaHAHA.

Nope, never, always hated.

I was referring to why he didn’t see the right shot, as I have been throughout the thread.

Hence officials strangely “not seeing” things, this season and last.

So why did they give us the VAR penalty in the first leg? They could easily have upheld the ref's decision.

So why did they give us the VAR penalty in the first leg? They could easily have upheld the ref's decision.
It’s a good question I can’t answer.

Another: why did VAR not rule Son offside in the away leg for the Spurs goal?

I can’t really answer any of these questions. I can only offer one theory to explain it, which is the intent behind the current implementation of VAR (which I support in principle) is to allow for manipulation, when needed.

Sometimes you need to make your own luck.

Missed penalty in the first leg, defence goes to sleep for the son goal but my god what a game last night emotions were up and down the whole game.

Whilst we were on the wrong end of var it was the very slightest of touches for their goal and it was just one of those games but hey what a fooking game!!!

It’s a good question I can’t answer.

Another: why did VAR not rule Son offside in the away leg for the Spurs goal?

I can’t really answer any of these questions. I can only offer one theory to explain it, which is the intent behind the current implementation of VAR (which I support in principle) is to allow for manipulation, when needed.

Was Son offside; from what I recall, he looked just onside.

I'm not saying UEFA is above manipulating VAR, but it seems more probable that they are just incompetent. Also, you have to say the Llorente decision was not a howler like Sane's disallowed goal last year. It was not obviously discernible to the naked eye. Ultimately, we did get shafted, but it wasn't blatant enough to label it as a conspiracy.

Was Son offside; from what I recall, he looked just onside.

I'm not saying UEFA is above manipulating VAR, but it seems more probable that they are just incompetent. Also, you have to say the Llorente decision was not a howler like Sane's disallowed goal last year. It was not obviously discernible to the naked eye. Ultimately, we did get shafted, but it wasn't blatant enough to label it as a conspiracy.
I fully agree that one or two or even three single incidents do not warrant cries of conspiracy.

Regarding Son, see below.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.