Should there be international football at this stage of the season?

Shall we play for our country?

• Yes

Votes: 9 5.0%
  • No

Votes: 172 95.0%

• Total voters
Two more international breaks to come this year. Next one is only in a month’s time and then another a month later early November. Sat/Tues matches in the next break and the Fri/Mon in the last.

A big yawn from me!

Same as everyone else tbh, does my head in. I get they have to be played but it is just frustrating the season starts then stops so soon after getting going.

The
far to much international football nowadays, a lot of it meaningless and the decision to award the world cup to Qatar was a fuck up of epic proportions
The quality is shite compared to the CL. The commentators were bigging up Hungary last night. They were a pub team with Championship level players. Andorra are non-league standard. It is a joke.

Clearly the football calendar is a nonsense, with too many organisations getting their bit of the pie the ones who suffer are the players and the clubs who pay the wages and develop the players There should be no international football in the club season and before any season starts there should be a 5 week break after any final to allow players to recuperate and then have 2 weeks pre-season. International football matches should be during a month in ths summer every other year a tournament, be it World Cup or federation, and the other years should be qualification for the next tournament. It might mean that leagues have to be reduced or completions ended but the welfare of the players has to be considered above the money greed. Some hope!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.