Should they have kicked the ball out....

No.

It was a clear foul though, but Dzecko should of got up and showed the right attitude by chasing the ball down. We all saw a similiar incident at stoke where he complains to the ref and gives up and Zaba did the job for him which lead to our winner.

in terms of getting up or not, it seemed pretty clear on the replay that Dzeko took a knee to the thigh/quad, which isn't a big injury but certainly hurts in the immediate term. Could explain why he was OK to play but stayed down a minute or so, anyone who has taken one of these can relate

My opinion is more nuanced. I think Liverpool were OK and correct to attack as they did, but probably should have played it out after Garcia's half clear. At that point, City had beaten the initial attack and it seemed like the advantage Liverpool were not wanting to squander due to injury had been lost. I think you'll see teams frequently press the advantage and then play it out if the advantage is lost, but here they made a great pass back into damage and truthfully benefit from a great strike from Sturridge.

I think it was a borderline foul, sometimes you get them sometimes you don't but they should definitely not of stopped playing, there was no reason to stop, Edin wasn't injured and the referee clearly waved play on. Our problem was the first thing you get taught as a player, play to the whistle and we failed.

Dzeko was an embarrassment.

He feigned injury while his team mates were defending with 10 men. Hope Zab had a word with him at half time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.