Should they have kicked the ball out....

Remember agaisnt Reading their forward was down injured almost on goaline? Reading had the ball attacking and played on Joe ended up with the ball and then kicked it out so that the Reading player could get treatment it was 0-0 at the time

This whole kick the ball out farce needs to be stopped let the Ref make the decision like it always was before PC came along The physio should be allowed to come on the field if he believes a player is seriously injured, especially when the ball is at the other end

At the time it wasn't clear if Dzeko was badly injured.

Teams usually foul someone to stop the game if the ref plays on in these situations. That's what we should have done with the our fouler getting a card. Bit of profesionalism would have stopped that goal and kept us alive.

Skashion said:
It would seem that this form of sporting etiquette is dead then from reading the responses on this thread.
Nothing to do with sporting etiquette anymore. All clubs were told very clearly a couple of years back to continue playing until the referee states otherwise. He is the sole arbiter of whether the game stops or not, so all teams should stop expecting the ball to be kicked out (especially when there's fuck all wrong with the player in question, as was the case with Dzeko). Does my head in when City kick the ball out or when supporters start booing teams that carry on; if the referee doesn't think the game needs stopping then get on with it.

No, no they shouldnt, its 1 of my biggest pet hates in football teams kicking the ball out when anyone is down only for them to miraculously get up of the floor 10 seconds later.

We as a team are too fucking nice as soon as anyone is down we immediately kick the ball out, we do it all the time in the champions league where teams more street wise than us feign injury to waste time. Hart is the worst in the world for it.

As an aside it was 1 of the clearest fouls you will ever see on Dzeko yesterday.

No
Our own fault for not playing to the whistle. Unless it looks serious or a head injury the game should carry on. Dzeko should man up and gotton straight back up. Yellow for him was abit harsh though as i recall at least 5 Utd players having a go at a linesman lately at the same time, arm gestures the lot, and no yellows for them.

YES they should have kicked it out as it was a clear foul and Dzeko could have been injured.. He wasnt like your all saying but 9 out of 10 times the ref stops the game or a team puts it out.
I Just thought it was unsporting by Liverpool to carry on for so long. I was sat in Colin Bell block 123 right infront of the incident and the linesman totally out of his depth worse ive seen for a long time not to spot that ..

That linesman got 4 decisions wrong on the bounce leading upto the Dzeko one.

He then smirked at the South Stand when we were giving him some grief.

To think that guy at Arsenal was 'demoted' for saying what he said and this twat gets away with being bent as fuck. Grrrr!"!!!

Dubai Blue said:
Nothing to do with sporting etiquette anymore. All clubs were told very clearly a couple of years back to continue playing until the referee states otherwise. He is the sole arbiter of whether the game stops or not, so all teams should stop expecting the ball to be kicked out (especially when there's fuck all wrong with the player in question, as was the case with Dzeko). Does my head in when City kick the ball out or when supporters start booing teams that carry on; if the referee doesn't think the game needs stopping then get on with it.
It's not a rule so it is everything to do with etiquette, and it's etiquette that still generally adhered to and hence should be expected to be adhered to. The only time it shouldn't is if all the clubs in a league have agreed it won't be adhered to, and evidently that is not the case. If a team is playing with ten men against eleven because one of their players is injured, it is not sporting to continue, because one side has an unfair advantage.

They were fine to play on, think we were more protesting about the foul not being given.

In the same situation, if City had kicked the ball out, I'm sure everyone would go mental about how stupid it was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.