Should they have kicked the ball out....

To many teams just kick the ball out due to fans pressure or the oposing team.

The ref should make the decision - I get hacked off when teams kick it out when he has let them play on.

I have never seen a serious injury were the players didn't kick it out immediately.

They were right to carry on - we should have done the same and defended better

blue b4 the moon said:
That linesman got 4 decisions wrong on the bounce leading upto the Dzeko one.

He then smirked at the South Stand when we were giving him some grief.

To think that guy at Arsenal was 'demoted' for saying what he said and this twat gets away with being bent as fuck. Grrrr!"!!!

I saw that mate was that when Silva was taking that corner ?? i noticed him look at south stand and smile what a smug twat he was..

put it this way, if suarez was doing the same at the other end I would have always wanted us to play on....

They only kicked the ball out in the 2nd half as they were deep in their own territory and wanted to relieve the pressure... first half was different, they fouled Dzeko and then broke into our half.

I don't have a problem with either, both teams are entitled to do that

Yes it was a foul on Dzeko but it wasn't given, it happens. City were clearly half switched off expecting the ball to be put out because of Dzeko lying on the ground, as it turned out uninjured. Dzeko should have got up straight away and got back into the game. City were at fault for not playing to the whistle and giving Sturridge space to shoot. Cannot blame Liverpool for not putting it out.

A united fan in charge of the game, a clear foul not given. A linesman with a questionable agenda. A referee who says play on and a team that does so.

Not a lot we could do about any of the above but we could have been tighter. You look at any team in the Champions league in that position and they would have fouled the nearest player as high up the pitch as possible to bring the game back under control. It's all about being ready for stuff like this and doing the 'right' thing even if it isn't exactly sporting. Lesson learned I hope.

Liverpool gained massive confidence from that phase of play, the ref was doing his best for them but we could have managed it better.

Liverpool were right to carry on, the two problems were

a) The ref not giving the clear foul on Dzeko.

b) The crowd booing constantly from the foul to the goal. You could see our players were only half-heartedly playing, they expected Liverpool to put the ball out at any point because of the booing and as such weren't concentrating properly. It cost us a goal.

Liverpool were never going to kick it out so it was up to us to switch on. If Edin had got up - even hobbling - I think we might have been able to whack it up to the half way line and reorganise, rather than trying to win possession.

In fairness to the Scousers - they kicked it out when Aguero had a head injury in the second half when I am not sure the ref would have blown.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.