Sick of minutes silence/applause at football matches

Probably that pretend vicar who GBNews just sacked would fit the bill. Although I’m not entirely sure exactly what a gammon is, so I couldn’t be sure.
It’s a white bloke who has the complexion of gammon.

This is reminding me of when Hillsborough anniversary in 2014 against us at Anfield and for about 3 more weeks Rodgers wore a black armband.

Think that was for the passing of his old teeth tbh.

Anyhow we don't have a minutes silence at work outside of remembrance, you wouldn't expect one before watching a film at the cinema. People who work/have worked for the club I get.

It’s a white bloke who has the complexion of gammon.

Wetherspoons is full of them then:-)

White, middle aged, angry and right wing is the correct meaning of Gammon. It was amusing for 5 mins like true huggers, commies etc.....

Should die out on bluemoon sometime in the next century.

Israel and Gaza is first and foremost a catastrophe in terms of the loss of human life irrespective of deeply held feelings on both sides. There will be a lot of people in Manchester grieving or badly affected, worried about what's going on. I doubt there was any other scenario where 50,000 people are all gathered together. I'm sorry if you think just trying to empathise for just 1 minute is a waste of time.
Oh do fuck off. You know fucking nothing. I’ve prayed for the innocent victims in Ukraine and Gaza. I prayed in private and not next to a group think wanker like you. I don’t need Football, Manchester City or you for my moral compass. I did say irrespective of your feelings for each of the causes but wankstains like you can’t help themselves. I’m grown up enough to behave myself in public and have the emotional intelligence to rationalise and process events for myself and decide my own appropriate response. If you need 50,000 people to hold your hand, then you do you.

Probably that pretend vicar who GBNews just sacked would fit the bill. Although I’m not entirely sure exactly what a gammon is, so I couldn’t be sure.
someone who gets so angry about a subject enough to turn them into a angry, pompous, jingoistic, and stereotypically British right-wing male and has been in popular culture since the mid-20th, because their blood boils with anger they will become flustered and red faced

it does originate from the 1600s and has been used by many a poet and author to describe the above.

Wetherspoons is full of them then:-)

White, middle aged, angry and right wing is the correct meaning of Gammon. It was amusing for 5 mins like true huggers, commies etc.....

Should die out on bluemoon sometime in the next century.
its 500 year old british slang for the men described, it isn't a new insult

I guess at the end of the day, the only act of remembrance that you have to participate in is the silent ones. The rest you can pick and choose.

It’s not much of a hardship to keep schtum for 60 seconds. Some say we manage it for 90 mins in the atmosphere thread!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.