Sjoke throw-ins next week - any ideas how to sort them?

When we played them a couple of years ago we put Robinho and swp on the half way line forcing them to bring 4 back and let the keeper claim the ball. It worked then so why not now?

tips said:
When we played them a couple of years ago we put Robinho and swp on the half way line forcing them to bring 4 back and let the keeper claim the ball. It worked then so why not now?

good shout, but from looking at Mancini's tactics this year with free kicks and corners looks unlikely

Try not to kick the ball out of play , give away stupid free kicks and be first to the ball every time. This is my fear , these set pieces , I am annoyed by the fact that we could be beaten by something so simple as throwing and heading. I hate stoke already , my hatred can only grow more in the next 6 days.

You are missing something here lads ... Wembley has a very wide pitch , Delap's throw-ins will be nowhere near as effective as they are at the Brittania where Pulis has had the pitch marked out to the narrowest dimensions permitted

arthur said:
You are missing something here lads ... Wembley has a very wide pitch , Delap's throw-ins will be nowhere near as effective as they are at the Brittania where Pulis has had the pitch marked out to the narrowest dimensions permitted
I think you're the one missing something, the extra distance from the touchline to the penalty spot is just 2.5 yards from this "very wide" pitch. Its 5 yards wider than Stoke's, and that is one of the smallest, and if he can do it at CoMS he can do it at Wembley (virtually the same size).

Delaps throw ins are a red herring anyway.

IF we play the better football, take our chances, and defend well, we'll win.

arthur said:

wembley 105 x 65m
coms 116x77
stoke 115 x75

have Jones, Shawcross and Huth man-marked by Kompany, Lescott and Dzeko.

Leave Y.Toure on the halfway line.

If Balotelli plays instead, Toure in the box, Balo on the halfway line.

marco said:
arthur said:

wembley 105 x 65m
coms 116x77
stoke 115 x75
You've got Wembley and Stoke the wrong way round.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.