So Nastasic then...

Personally I think he is an excellent player and would be disappointed if we went out and spent a huge amount of cash on a player who would block the progress of a young player like Nastasic.

He had an excellent first season and although struggled at the start of the year, with the high line, he was not alone struggling to adjust. Unfortunately due to injuries we have not seen him play when the team has got to grips with the system.

I see know reason why he cannot play within a highline. He is certainly more mobile than Demichaelis and less prone to diving in to challenges two criticisms levelled as why he would not prove effective in this system.

If we end up losing him it will be another nail in the coffin for young players development at the club

Bluep*ss said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
dennishasdoneit said:
there is every chance. a fantastic young defender.

Agree there's a chance. Not saying it will happen but there is a chance. Nasti has colossal potential

He was IMMENSE against Al AIn in Ahu Dhabi.

No he wasn't, he went missing several times & left players unmarked right in the middle of our penalty area. Players who weren't very good, at all. Boyata was equally as good at times & equally as culpable at other times.

He has a chance of making it to the required level. Nothing more.

He will never be anything like Kompany though as he hasn't got the build, strength, pace, jump or skill. He might just get away with being his partner, but chances are we will probably sign someone better with more presence & power & then someone like Jason Denayer will come through from the academy and replace him, if he's still here.

john blue said:
Gone backwards.
after a couple of bad injuries which set him back.
give the lad a chance to regain form and that considerable composure, which only comes from the confidence of playing a good number
of consecutive games without injury.

Keep him and Rekik, teach them the system and save spending 30mil on Malanga, that fee is madness as far as I'm concerned and get Fabregas

I see him going back to Italy and included in a deal bring Benatia here. Personally, I'd keep him here and coach him to our needs, he lad HAS IT and is a great prospect.

Neville Kneville said:
Bluep*ss said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Agree there's a chance. Not saying it will happen but there is a chance. Nasti has colossal potential

He was IMMENSE against Al AIn in Ahu Dhabi.

No he wasn't, he went missing several times & left players unmarked right in the middle of our penalty area. Players who weren't very good, at all. Boyata was equally as good at times & equally as culpable at other times.

He has a chance of making it to the required level. Nothing more.

He will never be anything like Kompany though as he hasn't got the build, strength, pace, jump or skill. He might just get away with being his partner, but chances are we will probably sign someone better with more presence & power & then someone like Jason Denayer will come through from the academy and replace him, if he's still here.

Nastasic is pretty quick. Wouldn't surprise me if he's quicker than Vinnie tbh. You see him up against ronaldo at 4:28 in this vid and although ronaldo has the edge you can still see he's pretty quick:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rc1JAJZbKc[/video]

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
Calm on the ball but useless without Kompany next to him.
Yeah but thats the same as most of our Center Backs

nellyonthewing said:
Not for me.. Where are the clubs sniffing around if he's so good when he's clearly on the margins at City. One good season but only because Komps was so good at that point you could have put anyone alongside and they would have shone. He has no pace,tackles like a girl ,cannot head the ball but yes he's young.......

I disagree strongly on all points. He was 19 our first season in a new league and had the best tackle percentage out of every single CB in the league including Kompany so hardly tackles like a girl and the no pace thing is a myth he is probably our quickest CB, not saying much but he isn't slow by any stretch. He could deffo work on his heading but he can still head the ball. And how do you know clubs haven't been sniffing around for him? This season he was derailed by an injury in pre season and he never got going but to just write him off the way you have just done is incredibly short sighted.

Struggled with injury this season. Difficult one, I'd like to see him given a good run before we decide. No doubt he is a talented CB but does he fit into Pellegrini's style, we'll see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.