so this agenda thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henkeman said:
Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
Henkeman said:
You meant that United had produced a player in every squad in the last decade. It's a myth they repeat constantly.
Er, no, I didn't mean that at all.

Like I said, we've spent a hefty amount of money on players that add up to our homegrown quota so why should United be banned from this particular process?

Yes you did. Because if you didn't, then it's totally meaningless. Because I would bet pretty much any club has done that one way or the other, just by having an English player in the squad. You got caught repeating a rag myth and now you're trying to wriggle out of it. United fans make that statement with specific reference to players they have PRODUCED not bought. And you damn well know it.
Erm, no I don't well know it. Please stop trying to put words in my mouth because who knows where you'll stop.

Homegrown players are not just players produced by their current clubs, homegrown players can come from anywhere. Like I've tried to explain from the very beginning - which you seem to have conveniently ignored for your own means - United have had at least one homegrown player in their squad for 3,075 consecutive games. This is regardless of whether or not other clubs have also done this.

This week United have pretty much had their apparent "philosophy" ravaged by the every member of the press despite there being genuine facts to disprove their accusations. And besides, one game out of the last decade without an academy produced player being named in their first team squad is also pretty good going that deserves more credit than the media have given them these past few days.

But whatever, I'm talking to people who think that everyone who doesn't have a positively vested interest in Manchester City is out to try and stop us from succeeding, despite the fact that we've won four major trophies and seem to be making a big name for ourselves in the financial market alongside that.

Henkeman said:
Er, no, I didn't mean that at all.

Like I said, we've spent a hefty amount of money on players that add up to our homegrown quota so why should United be banned from this particular process?

Yes you did. Because if you didn't, then it's totally meaningless. Because I would bet pretty much any club has done that one way or the other, just by having an English player in the squad. You got caught repeating a rag myth and now you're trying to wriggle out of it. United fans make that statement with specific reference to players they have PRODUCED not bought. And you damn well know it.
Erm, no I don't well know it. Please stop trying to put words in my mouth because who knows where you'll stop.

Homegrown players are not just players produced by their current clubs, homegrown players can come from anywhere. Like I've tried to explain from the very beginning - which you seem to have conveniently ignored for your own means - United have had at least one homegrown player in their squad for 3,075 consecutive games. This is regardless of whether or not other clubs have also done this.

This week United have pretty much had their apparent "philosophy" ravaged by the every member of the press despite there being genuine facts to disprove their accusations. And besides, one game out of the last decade without an academy produced player being named in their first team squad is also pretty good going that deserves more credit than the media have given them these past few days.

But whatever, I'm talking to people who think that everyone who doesn't have a positively vested interest in Manchester City is out to try and stop us from succeeding, despite the fact that we've won four major trophies and seem to be making a big name for ourselves in the financial market alongside that.

Bullshit. You were caught propagating a United fan myth. Which says a lot about you.

Henkeman said:
Henkeman said:

Bullshit. You were caught propagating a United fan myth. Which says a lot about you.
Saying that I'm "propagating a United fan myth" doesn't mean that I'm doing it, you're just sounding a bit pathetic now.

By the way, you seem to be intent on avoiding answering any of the points I've made in that post just there. Any thoughts on that? At all?

I know it's late and you're part of the "RAGS EVERYWHERE!" loony bin group that this place is kind enough to house, but surely you have something to say other than more Father Jack-style ramblings about "Rags!" and "Myths!" and such.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Whilst we're propagating united myths can I just say that Louis Edwards' steak and kidney puddings were made from all-organic ingredients, Taggart's red nose is caused by a congenital circulation condition and Wayne Rooney likes 'em young.

You forgot Lou Macari's chippy recently gained its 4th Michelin star.

Henkeman said:

Saying that I'm "propagating a United fan myth" doesn't mean that I'm doing it, you're just sounding a bit pathetic now.

By the way, you seem to be intent on avoiding answering any of the points I've made in that post just there. Any thoughts on that? At all?

I know it's late and you're part of the "RAGS EVERYWHERE!" loony bin group that this place is kind enough to house, but surely you have something to say other than more Father Jack-style ramblings about "Rags!" and "Myths!" and such.

Really? Rags everywhere loony bin? Go and find any posts where I've done any such thing. Good luck with that, because it's more bollocks. And more displacement from you to try and distract from the simple truth that you repeated the 'Nited myth about always having a homegrown player in their squad, by then effectively turning that into any English player which is completely and utterly meaningless, and you know it.

You were caught. Tough.

stony said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Whilst we're propagating united myths can I just say that Louis Edwards' steak and kidney puddings were made from all-organic ingredients, Taggart's red nose is caused by a congenital circulation condition and Wayne Rooney likes 'em young.

You forgot Lou Macari's chippy recently gained its 4th Michelin star.
Careful taking about that place. That's BTP's dept. He'll have your guts for garters.

Anyway stop exaggerating, I heard it was three stars.

Henkeman said:
You were caught. Tough.
I wasn't caught trying to do anything. United have named a homegrown (I'll say English if it helps you, matey) - or academy produced - player in every squad they've given to the Premier League in the last 3,075 games they've played.

That is absolutely fair enough even if they didn't name an academy produced player in that one game against Arsenal. I'm sure one game out of 3,075 isn't enough to justify a whole media campaign questioning whether they do give the same kind of support to English and young players anymore.

Personally I think they've got to stop supporting English players that aren't good enough, like Welbeck and Cleverley and the like, simply because they are academy products of theirs. It's allowed their squad to grow stale while sentimentality clouded their vision. Replacing Welbeck and Cleverley with Di Maria and Blind is good business.

I don't even care that much really, I just think it's sad that you've allowed anything about United to rule your life so much that you get this animated about it.

Henkeman said:
You were caught. Tough.
I wasn't caught trying to do anything. United have named a homegrown (I'll say English if it helps you, matey) - or academy produced - player in every squad they've given to the Premier League in the last 3,075 games they've played.

That is absolutely fair enough even if they didn't name an academy produced player in that one game against Arsenal. I'm sure one game out of 3,075 isn't enough to justify a whole media campaign questioning whether they do give the same kind of support to English and young players anymore.

Personally I think they've got to stop supporting English players that aren't good enough, like Welbeck and Cleverley and the like, simply because they are academy products of theirs. It's allowed their squad to grow stale while sentimentality clouded their vision. Replacing Welbeck and Cleverley with Di Maria and Blind is good business.

I don't even care that much really, I just think it's sad that you've allowed anything about United to rule your life so much that you get this animated about it.
I take it you're not on nodding terms with irony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.