so this agenda thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
fbloke said:
Didsbury Dave said:
The cookie monster said:
He was a top poster pidge who was spot on with most of his non agenda post
Its a shame he's gone tbh....

Pidge was one of the most sensible and balanced posters on this site. It was pathetic he got a ban and I understand his decision to not bother coming back.

I didnt know he had been banned.

Shame as he's a decent bloke.
Shit driver but seemed less of a c*nt than others :)

littlemarkyc said:
so this agenda thing...more like so this small club mentality thing....you think barca and real etc sould be sat moaning because some sencond rate sports chanel didnt mention a player was theirs? Aguero has dont toss all this world cup other than score in a penalty shoot out.
so the caption read.

neymar barcalona and brazil

augero argentina

maxi rodreges newalls new boys and argentina.

the same clip ran at the same time.

why? why would someone go to the trouble of including only 2 clubs in the graphic?

put this out there as a stand alone piece and i'l say oversight. had one of the other two layers had their club omitted I'd say oversight, but we all know better than that dont we.

de niro said:
SSN shows a clip of neymar speaking about his injury and the forthcoming final. a caption pops up as they do introducing him as neymar, barcalona and brazil.
the next player interviewed is aguero. now his caption just reads argentina. no mention of his club side. anyone got any idea why they would mention one players club, during a world cup, and not the other? the next guy interviewed is maxi rodriguez, yes you guess it from newels old boys and argentina. why's that then?

genuine question.

For the same reason they show Shagger Giggs telling the world that Van Snaal will be the Archangel Gabriel, The Holy Ghost, Rinus Michels and the embodiment of everything detestable about the GPC all rolled into one, and that MANUre fans can resume normal service from their red sofas. SSNakesTV has an agenda they wish to promote and MCFC ain't on it!!

I think it's just way more frustrating when it happens to our team. Probably is the same with any football fans. It does seem to happen more often with City and Chelsea though.

City get preferential treatment too every now and then. Remember the audience at Sport Personality of the Year doing the Poznan after 11/12 season?

Funnily enough, does anyone else notice that Gary Neville's commentary and analysis is noticeably pro-City? It won't save him, but I reckon he's one of the only pundits that gives us credit

de niro said:
littlemarkyc said:
so this agenda thing...more like so this small club mentality thing....you think barca and real etc sould be sat moaning because some sencond rate sports chanel didnt mention a player was theirs? Aguero has dont toss all this world cup other than score in a penalty shoot out.
so the caption read.

neymar barcalona and brazil

augero argentina

maxi rodreges newalls new boys and argentina.

the same clip ran at the same time.

why? why would someone go to the trouble of including only 2 clubs in the graphic?

put this out there as a stand alone piece and i'l say oversight. had one of the other two layers had their club omitted I'd say oversight, but we all know better than that dont we.

could it maybe have been an error? and if not, who cares. we are city, we love our club, who gives a toss whether someone at at sky has an agenda against us...will it impact our club? will we love them any less? i just thin people read far too much just seems like a very small thing to get hung up on.

de niro said:
SSN shows a clip of neymar speaking about his injury and the forthcoming final. a caption pops up as they do introducing him as neymar, barcalona and brazil.
the next player interviewed is aguero. now his caption just reads argentina. no mention of his club side. anyone got any idea why they would mention one players club, during a world cup, and not the other? the next guy interviewed is maxi rodriguez, yes you guess it from newels old boys and argentina. why's that then?

genuine question.
By being a bit too precious you're allowing the usual non agendists a platform to justify their long discredited arguments.

de niro said:

genuine question.
Because they probably get loads of complaints from Arsenal and City fans, just like talkSPORT do, so do little things like that to wind us up. Because us and Arsenal seem to be the touchiest sets of fans in the country so media outlets probably get a kick about the little things our two sets of fans take issue with so do it all the more. If i worked for Sky or any media outlet and kept getting complaints or seeing moaning on Twitter or on forums from one set of fans in particular, i'd be fueling their flames like fuck to wind em up more.

Or because it was an error.

Or because Kun plays in England so most people would know that he plays for City and they showed the players from foreign countries' teams in case some of our public didn't know who they played for.

Did you see the 18-6 aggregate 'recent Manchester derby' scoreline table on Sky Sports News, by the way?!

KippaxCitizen said:
de niro said:

genuine question.
Because they probably get loads of complaints from Arsenal and City fans, just like talkSPORT do, so do little things like that to wind us up. Because us and Arsenal seem to be the touchiest sets of fans in the country so media outlets probably get a kick about the little things our two sets of fans take issue with so do it all the more. If i worked for Sky or any media outlet and kept getting complaints or seeing moaning on Twitter or on forums from one set of fans in particular, i'd be fueling their flames like fuck to wind em up more.

Or because it was an error.

Or because Kun plays in England so most people would know that he plays for City and they showed the players from foreign countries' teams in case some of our public didn't know who they played for.

Did you see the 18-6 aggregate 'recent Manchester derby' scoreline table on Sky Sports News, by the way?!

I think it's part of the agenda that they wanted to include their latest win there.
oh wait

Dunne's own goal said:
so is this about the same agenda where Sky show results of Manchester derbies from the past 3 seasons without any proper reason?

But play the 4:3 at the swamp endlessly on replay but never the 6:1.

Didsbury Dave said:
Hart of the matter said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Pidge was one of the most sensible and balanced posters on this site. It was pathetic he got a ban and I understand his decision to not bother coming back.

Agree to a point. I do not believe there is an anti City agenda as such. Just a pro establishe elit agenda driven purely on a business model basis. United and Lpool get more clicks therefore more exposure for media to draw down through advertising. When we are as Clickable we will get the same preferential treatment.

Some commentators though 'hate' us and it shows. Not ab agenda as such just old lags with previous connections hating little old City dicking them over.

There are individuals working in the sporting media who don't feel warmly to a club who have been grown artificially through outside funding. Sometimes that shows in their work. But there is no conspiracy within the media to deliberately insult Manchester City. That sort of fundamentalist thinking comes from the fact that a football club viewed from within becomes all-consuming. It distorts the external world like a prism, so we get ridiculous theories that some irrelevant missed caption or comment on a radio show is somehow significant.
Alright let's stop calling it an agenda, let's call it bias against City.
This bias arises because the British media will obviously favour those clubs which generate a high proportion of their revenues and have the most British managers, players,owners. We score badly on all these fronts compared to Rags,scum, chavs and gooners. Also our injection of free money compared to the 'earned' money of our competitors offends the fair play sensitivities of much of the media especially some well known anti city journos. It's there to see every day and it's so obvious it's not worth discussion any more. if the Liverpool 'love in' of last season didn't convince you of this then nothing ever will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.