So what is known about Dynamo Kiev?

I truly hope we beat Dynamo senseless, how ever, they are a good team by anyone's standards and City will have their work cut out. The away leg will be crucial..we must hold them in Kiev if we are to progress. And if you look at Dynamo's Euro record and compare it to City's, well that speaks for its self. And id City loose..lol I will never be allowed to live it down here...COME ON CITY!!!!<br /><br />-- Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:03 am --<br /><br />Also I will be posting some stuff about Kiev later, where to go and all that so keep an eye out. Also if you have any questions just post them ok and I will try to answer them because no matter what happens in the game I want you to have a great time here in Kiev and go home with good memories.

might as well concede the tie then and concentrate on the league and the FA Cup?

Re: Dinamo Kiev

FantasyIreland said:
Going off last nights aggregate demolition of Besiktas they appear tough opposition.Does anyone have any knowledge of their strengths and weaknesses and what we can expect?

Youtube vid of first leg
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwqAINmHw20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwqAINmHw20</a>

Cheers for the link mate.

Just watched that YouTube clip and Besiktas's defending was very poor, three unchallenged headers, the third hits the cross bar from 3 yards unchallenged with three UNMARKED DK players waiting to pounce and the fourth was a penalty.

Keeper looks quality though.

We will get bags of chances watching the DK defence.

Breadsnapper said:
Vicky said:
As a regular watcher of Dynamo Kiev I can tell you this, they will come at us with all guns firing and try to finish the job in Kiev. They will try to come to Manc with at least a 2 goal lead, then they will do the same at our place. Dynamo are a very experienced European team who know what it takes to beat the best in Europe. This will be a really tough test and City will need to be at their very best to come away from Kiev with anything. In my honest opinion the winner of this tie will go on to win the final and as much as I hate to say this, I cannot see City progressing. In fact, if City play their usual half assed I don't give a rats ass approach, we will be the next team to suffer an 8-1 kicking be Dynamo Kiev. The only superstar at Dynamo is Shevers, but they play for the pride of the shirt, not the wage packet, and they give 110% no matter who they play or where they play. I tell you the truth people, this could very well be our last game in this competition. So my prediction is this...In Kiev it will be 3-1 to Kiev and 1-1 at Coms..Sorry but they are just too good for us and they know their way around the European stage. And had Dynamo played Aris, the tie would have been over in Greece in the first half! I know I will take some serious criticism for what I have wrote but I watch both teams week in, week out and if you could put the Kiev Heart into the players at City we would Run away with the league and win the triple every year! CTID.
Whilst I don't doubt you as to how they play.
1 The Russian league is not as good nor as challenging as most Eyropean leagues.
2. They are not in the Chamlpions League, so thay can't beat the best teams in Europe.
3. They would have beat Aris away. Are you sure they haven't lost there in 43, yes that's 43 Euro ties.
Sorry to be pedantic here but they haven't played 43 euro home ties, only 24/25 i think, because they didn't qualify for Europe for a lot of the years.

We can beat anyone in the world on our day.

We should respect all the teams left in the competition but fearing they'll beat us because "they've been in the CL" is just plain daft.

Should always play the men in the shrts,not the "club."
That's where so many half decent teams fail against the rags,Madrid,dippers etc.

Beaten in the tunnel.

Vicky said:
As a regular watcher of Dynamo Kiev I can tell you this, they will come at us with all guns firing and try to finish the job in Kiev. They will try to come to Manc with at least a 2 goal lead, then they will do the same at our place. Dynamo are a very experienced European team who know what it takes to beat the best in Europe. This will be a really tough test and City will need to be at their very best to come away from Kiev with anything. In my honest opinion the winner of this tie will go on to win the final and as much as I hate to say this, I cannot see City progressing. In fact, if City play their usual half assed I don't give a rats ass approach, we will be the next team to suffer an 8-1 kicking be Dynamo Kiev. The only superstar at Dynamo is Shevers, but they play for the pride of the shirt, not the wage packet, and they give 110% no matter who they play or where they play. I tell you the truth people, this could very well be our last game in this competition. So my prediction is this...In Kiev it will be 3-1 to Kiev and 1-1 at Coms..Sorry but they are just too good for us and they know their way around the European stage. And had Dynamo played Aris, the tie would have been over in Greece in the first half! I know I will take some serious criticism for what I have wrote but I watch both teams week in, week out and if you could put the Kiev Heart into the players at City we would Run away with the league and win the triple every year! CTID.

expect them to line up

...........................................Valdes..................................................

Dani Alves................Puyol......................Pique............................Abidal

........................................Macherano................................................

.........................Xavi..............................Iniesta................................

Messi....................................Villa............................................Pedro

oh wait......

I've got limited knowledge of this club as I've hard ever seen them play but I do happen to know some of their players. Ukraine has always fascinated me and I've had this strange interest in Dynamo Kiev for years now... I think I just like rooting on the underdog (Shakthar is so stupidly rich, like the rags of Eastern Europe!).

Obviously Shevchenko is the big name but I'd imagine he'd be a bit slow... Can still find the back of the net though.

Artem Milevskiy is a brilliant player I think. Been touted as the "new Shevchenko" for many many years now. Every transfer window I'm surprised he's not moved to a big European club.

The few times I've seen Dynamo Kiev there's two other players who's impressed me a fair bit:
Husyev - a tricky quality winger that we'd need to keep quiet.
Vukojević - good defensive midfielder, can be a bit creative as well. Seems to run their midfield... Seems to be a regular for Croatian national team.

Interesting note - in "the old days" Dynamo Kiev always used to play with a sweeper. If I'm not mistaken they used to be known for a dead defensive and cumbersome style of play but this probably isn't true any more.

Jordie said:
Breadsnapper said:
Whilst I don't doubt you as to how they play.
1 The Russian league is not as good nor as challenging as most Eyropean leagues.
2. They are not in the Chamlpions League, so thay can't beat the best teams in Europe.
3. They would have beat Aris away. Are you sure they haven't lost there in 43, yes that's 43 Euro ties.
Sorry to be pedantic here but they haven't played 43 euro home ties, only 24/25 i think, because they didn't qualify for Europe for a lot of the years.

Indeed . thats 42 years and 26 home ties including us

alib said:
might as well concede the tie then and concentrate on the league and the FA Cup?

I'd booked my Kiev trip but after reading Vicky's post I'm not going to bother. I think the players should just forefeit the game as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.