Southampton (A) | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve conceded 1 goal in 7 and that was an own goal. Play with the same defense for a while. need to stay close and hope we buy in January. Can’t see us coming close to Liverpool but need to make sure we get top 4.

Lets hope the clueless shithouses version of Southampton that turned up for the 2nd half against the rags turn up again at the weekend

Just read a report that Pep held an inquest with the squad today about what was going wrong. Hopefully everything was thrashed out, a few home truths were said, and we see a different approach and attitude

The issue is nothing changes though.
26 shots and 13 corners and we still don't win.
The shots on goal are terrible and the corners abysmal.
75% average possession and yet we still dont win.
The question is why does this keep happening?

The issue is nothing changes though.
26 shots and 13 corners and we still don't win.
The shots on goal are terrible and the corners abysmal.
75% average possession and yet we still dont win.
The question is why does this keep happening?
From what I read the inquest was to thrash out exactly those issues

if true than at least we recognise and admit it is a problem and pep is looking at how it can be fixed

if true than at least we recognise and admit it is a problem and pep is looking at how it can be fixed

What inquest was that? I really hope we're seriously going to see us address this abject shots to goals ratio. Something has to change, whether it's attitude, tactics or personnel.

I can't find anything online about this inquest where did you read it mate?

Our days of steam rollering teams are over, opposition setup correctly and we go round in circles,we have no plan B,or if we do it's the same performance as the derby,we have the whole squad back and its toothless..if WBA can do us, anyone can...

----------Ederson
Walker--Stones--Dias--Cancelo
-----------Rodri
----Bernardo--Foden
Mahrez---Jesus---Sterling

Back to high intensity City

Anyone watch Liverpool v Spurs tonight. The intensity those two teams played with vs City. We need to get back to that. If players aren't fit drop them, and get them fit.

Very strange seeing a Pep side play games with zero intensity but it has become our hallmark now. We have to sort this out.
Not a fan of that side Marv. 2 right footers on the left again, ffs cutting inside, thats zero width and the statue at 6, Gundogan and Fern are better shouts for a single pivot. Now I know you think De Bruyne is past it, but he gets in the team over Phil or Bernardo, though one of those two should also play alongside him. Aguero should start even if it's for an hour, we need him back, he's the only killer in the box we have.

Anyone watch Liverpool v Spurs tonight. The intensity those two teams played with vs City. We need to get back to that. If players aren't fit drop them, and get them fit.

Very strange seeing a Pep side play games with zero intensity but it has become our hallmark now. We have to sort this out.

Fine margins ... two of our last minute headers get saved and one of theirs go in ... we could have won ours 2-1 and taken 3 pts last night while they could have dropped 2 pts tonight had that last min header been at the keeper and kept out ...

Would’ve, should’ve, could’ve and all that ...

We’re 8 points behind Liverpool already ... yes we have a game in hand and yes they have a lot more injuries this season than last so might not run away ... but the biggest difference is last season we were 8 behind but just behind them ... now there are six teams in between them and us and could even be eight by this time tomorrow after Villa and United have played their games ...

Still we need to win and win win win ... a run is needed of 8-10 wins on the trot ... we may even win against Southampton on Saturday and may even do so against Newcastle next but then would have Everton and Chelsea both away straight afterwards and if this form continues there’s no chance we’re getting more than a point or two total out of those two games ... thus the dampened mood all around ...

Looking forward to this game. I think we’ll bounce back. Defence has improved a lot so Pep has to focus on getting the attack right and hopefully it’s coming. Foden, Ferran Torres and Silva should start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.