Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Akanji should be the DM option alongside Rodri.

He's not strong enough as a central defender, certainly in the air, but he is quick enough and certainly has the passing technique to help us higher up.

I would than go Walker, Dias, Laporte and Ake as the back four until Stones is back.

I'd drop Mahrez for Kev wide right, have Walker doing the donkey work foil overlaps.

Gundo in the ten and Phil can decide if he wants to fight it out with Jack on the left for now.

...............Ederson........
Walker...Dias...Laporte...Ake
.........Akanji....Rodri.....
De Bruyne...Gundo....Grealish..
... ............Haaland.........

Strangely...I like the idea. Pep tried Stones at CDM at some point didn't he so he has previous.

I think the idea of Walker doing the legwork to create space for Kev is the bit I like most really. Even if Mahrez plays instead, giving him space in dangerous areas is a big plus too.

Strangely...I like the idea. Pep tried Stones at CDM at some point didn't he so he has previous.

I think the idea of Walker doing the legwork to create space for Kev is the bit I like most really. Even if Mahrez plays instead, giving him space in dangerous areas is a big plus too.

Looked shit, never even score there so we move on.
Not one goal at tbe "new WHL' That's an amazing stat

There's a lot of good points in the video.
It was said that only Gundogan and KDB are the players to provide fast and precise through balls to the attackers. However, oposition have recently man marked these heavily. And this has paid off in the recent games. My thought why these two didn't start, was that maybe Pep wanted to confuse the opposition by using them later, off the bench. And before that, play it solidly and with low risk (low focus on pace forward), with an unformiliar formation. Riding the storm and holding back the move to introduce the best attack serving midfielders could have paid off, however, the early goal against fecked up this plan.
If it had succeeded it would have been called a master stroke. Just a thought.
If essentially writing off the first hour is indeed the strategy then that is insanely high risk and one that is clearly not working

I note that we are now at the stage where a whole lot of true “City fans” think that if you don’t want Pep to stay until he is 98 then you’re clearly not a “City fan”…blind loyalty is so healthy
For me, I’m not so sure it’s blind loyalty. Wanting him to stay as long as possible is a rational and ‘healthy’ view imho, based on how much he has won with us since he’s been here. Taking the “dips and troughs” with that is fine, esp when the level of achievement we are talking about is already so high.

Taking a reasonable pov but then exaggerating it to the point of parody to make it seem ridiculous - I’m honestly not sure that works in this case.

Could be. At this point who really knows but Pep. It just appeared that neither KDB or Gundo looked the least bit happy being on the bench. I would think if there were such a plan they would be in on it?
Pep alledgely don't discuss reasoning behind his plan with the players.

Pep Guardiola won’t explain reasons if he rests Erling Haaland from City duty​

Jonathan Veal, PA
August 30, 2022·3 min read
Pep Guardiola says he does not care if he upsets Erling Haaland or any other Manchester City stars by dropping them.
Guardiola has said that Haaland will not play every game during a gruelling upcoming fixture schedule and the Spaniard was coy on whether the striker will play against Nottingham Forest on Wednesday.
He accepts that he will never be able to convince some players to be happy with not playing, but that does not derail his train of thought.
Erling Haaland

Erling Haaland has hit the ground running at City (Nick Potts/PA)
“No, I’m not going to explain. I don’t explain the reason for my decisions, because I will not convince them, some players understand they are part of everyone and some never will understand me,” said Guardiola.

If essentially writing off the first hour is indeed the strategy then that is insanely high risk and one that is clearly not working
Every game decision includes a risk. And you could argue it was just one mistake away from working. However this speculation is solely on me, and as always, any plan that fail is trashed and any plan that succeed is praised.
Something had to be done about the heavy man marking problems of KDB and Gundo.

The new trend is also more ruthless tackles on Erling from behind when he is unaware. It will escalate until the refs start rewarding cards for faul play on him. Apparently it's ok since he's a robust guy, but it is not ok at all.

Poor showing, again. And we’re still right in the thick of it. For now. I guess we’ll see what they’re made of.

Pep has always said it’s not about formations or systems, it’s about the players, and we are finding that out in a big way, too many are suffering from Pep-fatigue, let’s not forget he himself is in uncharted waters having spent so much time with us, but I for one am fully behind the gaffer, he is the single most important employee at our club, and he needs our backing, we could also really do with a visit/some words of wisdom from Khaldoon. I couldn’t stand player power getting rid of one of footballs great managers from out great club, the fans need to come out and show him some support and loyalty
Totally agree. I just hope he doesn't read some of the shite that's posted on here, though if he did he'd probably have gone long ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.