Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

Shocking the abuse Pep is getting, we are fucking champions again, final of the Cl loads of cups - what have we become.. and what exactly do people want peps replacement to do that he hasn’t other than win the CL??
funny how it’s okay to always blame the players though... that was a tactical mess, and for those abusing Mendy he didn’t pick himself!

Total dog shit, the problem is much bigger than today,

Yet "we" lap up the ITK messaging about Kane, get a striker in now, do the deal for Kane or break the bank for Haaland.
Our form end of last season and this season is atrocious, not acceptable and is a full blown slump now. We won't get away with a slow start this season,the rags, chavs and scousers are laughing at us and our inability to secure a striker knowing fine we'll we are out the title race without one.
Yep, just avoided relegation last season and miles behind already..get a grip for fucks sake, you support the wrong team I would suggest

Nathan Ake I'm sorry but really ?? Instead of fouling Son which spurs was doing to us all game a tactical foul, he lets him run and shoot he is a very average lower league team player. Just hope we don't let Laporte go as i wouldn't want him as back up!

Despite all the posturing and bravado before the game I think deep down most of us new this was going to be a likely outcome as soon as we saw the team sheet. (yes just like the champs league game).

Majority of the possession, no striker up front, Mendy and Ake playing, Nuno's record against Pep, a full noisy home crowd and Spurs having the only top class striker on the pitch. Like I say not surprised Spurs won.

Thankfully the next game is Norwich will be a chance for us to get back into early form.

Biggest take away for me is that Rodri is the most important player in the squad now.

I knew Mendy wasn't good enough, I knew we didn't have a striker and Ferran would go missing, I knew Sterling would be poor after 3 days training and grealish wouldn't be great after 1 week at the club.

But the complete lack of defence on the transition is both new and frightening.

You cannot question Ferns desire or commitment but Spurs ran through our midfield like there was nothing there. He cannot cover the ground anymore. He was giving away stupid fouls because he knew he was out of the game if a pass got made or he was just late to the ball.

We arent going to buy a new defensive midfielder, so we need Rodri to be world class in the position if we are going to win anything this season.
We need Bissouma.

I guess it’s already been mentioned but Mendy needs hooking then at least we start 11v11. He offers nothing and looks clueless.this alone will give me some hope for the rest of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.