Star Wars VII

Episode 3 is definitely the best of the prequels and better than episodes 5 & 6

That is quite literally the most ridiculous statement I've read in a while. Was it better than Citizen Kane and the Godfather Part 2 aswell? Empire is a superior film in every single regard. There's nothing at all about any prequel film that even approaches the worst bits of Empire.

Do you happen to like the Transformers films?

I'm talking about the Anakin/Obi Wan fight. Yoda vs Dooku was a little less offensive but still ridiculous.

Remember when Yoda was a weird green troll who lived in a swamp and the built in trait of his character was how even the smallest creature could be a wise master of the Force, thereby cementing the Force as beyond the physical?

Nope. Another super gymnast who flips shit around for literally no reason at all.

Okay.

I get there were times in the Kenobi fight you'd be like "WTF?!" and those bits let it down. I think Lucas got a bit giddy, but overall the 'execution' was nigh on what you expected from Jedi battles! I think it's on a par with the Darth Maul fight IF it had been more start than stop!

Okay.

I get there were times in the Kenobi fight you'd be like "WTF?!" and those bits let it down. I think Lucas got a bit giddy, but overall the 'execution' was nigh on what you expected from Jedi battles! I think it's on a par with the Darth Maul fight IF it had been more start than stop!

The Darth Maul fight was the worst in the entire 6 film run. It was 3 men who had no reason to fight doing things that didn't look like fighting and coincided with the most wooden choreography since Pinocchio.

In fact now that I'm thinking about it, the Count Dooku vs Anakin/Kenobi in Clones then again in Sith are probably the two best duels in the entire prequel trilogies as they had a point to them and were (badly) attempting to tell a story. They were overt and clumsy as fuck but they made an effort; the first in Anakin's zealotry and then a hack callback to the Vader/Luke fight then in the second the discovery of the power of revenge. Both of these fights were 100 million times better than the absolute shite served up at the end of 3.

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

That last battle was not pointless! Anakin's focus was gone and his tactile thinking had gone and was replaced by brute rage!

It was a fine attempt to take Skywalker over the line to the Vader legend!

That is quite literally the most ridiculous statement I've read in a while. Was it better than Citizen Kane and the Godfather Part 2 aswell? Empire is a superior film in every single regard. There's nothing at all about any prequel film that even approaches the worst bits of Empire.

Do you happen to like the Transformers films?
Ha no, I liked the cartoons as a kid but find the modern films cringeworthy. Godfather 2 was excellent. The first Star Wars was too, not 100% Lucas was going to carry on with it. There is nothing you can suggest that'll make me change my mind on revenge of the sith. It's brilliant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.