Stephen Ireland

Absolutely gutted when I saw he was going to Villa, was one of my favourite city players while he was still with us. His link up with Elano and Robinho was superb however the two left the club.

No doubt we got a better deal with Milner coming our way. I hope Ireland gets back to his best at Villa but i doubt that's going to happen his been absolutely shite for them. :(

Yeah, i remember when people said it was a horrible deal for City and that Ireland was as good as Milner.

He's a confidence player....... He lost slot of confidence when we traded him, made him feel unwanted..... I think he just needs to get a run if games in to build that confidence..... At villa he dosnt have this chance...... I think a big reason for his success with city is due to the fact that we loved him we sang his name he was wanted..... Villa knew they got the short end of the Milner stick..... It's not like they really wanted him in the first place they never gave him a chance(I'd be suprisef if he started more than 2 games in a row) and their fans are frustrated with him because he's not Milner..... Just a crappy situation for him I wish him all the best thank him for his service in city blue and hope he get to a team that love him the way that many of us did

Yeah, i remember when people said it was a horrible deal for City and that Ireland was as good as Milner.

Another masterstroke by Mr Mancini getting rid of Stevie. Milner is a true professional, great attitude and I can see him carrying on well into his 30's. As with Ireland well the way he's going I'd be suprised to him playing in the top level when he's 30+
Sorry but I don't feel any sympathy towards Villa or their fans especially considering the way they treated Gareth Barry who was a loyal servant to their club(he even wrote them a letter ffs!) was despicable. Fair enough I could understand to a degree the resentment towards him when he intially moved but to see how far he's come with us in a couple of seasons and they still continue to boo...say's alot about their fans.

I was gutted when Ireland left. Even though he had lost his form, i predicted that he'd come back to haunt us, and prove to Villa he can still be a top player.

He looks lost playing for them drifting about the pitch aimlessly. He needs to sort his head out or he'll end up dropping through the leagues to oblivion.
Could of been a real star as he has bags of talent, but he cannot produce it week in week out. Ireland was superman, not anymore though...

He lost sight that he was paid to perform on the pitch and not the gym. Overcompensated for insecurities by becoming more preoccupied by image and lifestyle than earning his money. He has become a lazy player and will find it hard to get back to the top level as younger, hungrier players come through.

A parody of "Superman". He had it all and blew it but still has more than most can ever hope for. No-one should feel sorry for him. I expect he will feel sorry for himself in years to come at what might have been.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.