Stupid little things that bug you

Royal Mail are increasing the cost of a first class stamp for the fifth time in 18 months on 7th October, this time by a whopping 30p making the cost of sending a first class letter £1.65. On top of that the bloke in my local post office told me that it's set to go up again March next year making it six price increases in just under two years. They're currently pushing for Saturday deliveries to be canned too. Time for Royal Mail to be re-nationalised.

Royal Mail are increasing the cost of a first class stamp for the fifth time in 18 months on 7th October, this time by a whopping 30p making the cost of sending a first class letter £1.65. On top of that the bloke in my local post office told me that it's set to go up again March next year making it six price increases in just under two years. They're currently pushing for Saturday deliveries to be canned too. Time for Royal Mail to be re-nationalised.
Trouble is it's going to cost £1.65 a letter whether the private sector run as their pension or the unions let you know when you can have your post

Transport for Wales. - Onboard WiFi is unreliable on the odd occasion it's working and their posh, loco-hauled units don't have power supplies or charging points at the seats.
And their onboard displays don't show delayed arrivals unless they are very long delays.

Polite reminder. Title thread is Stupid little things that bug you. I don't disagree with the sentiment mate but I'd argue that the spiralling cost of posting letters and parcels and a call for nationalisation is anything but trivial!
; )

Exactly how will renationalisation stop the price rises?
I would say it is down to the fact that no one writes letters anymore, very few send birthday cards, (and when they do the posty nicks them) and banks and others don't send paper statements or documents through the post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.