Stupid little things that bug you

Winter, it can just fuck right off. In summer I never get ill, have a bit of tan, wear shorts and sit in a beer garden. Winter rears its ugly head and I’m suddenly sick as a dog, wearing 48 fucking layers to defrost my car in the morning and ready to crawl into my pit for the next 4 months.
Ah, soft English people. :)

A bit of -2 and a brushing of snow.

You need a healthy -25 on the thermometer and 2 foot of snow to shift. Properly cleans out the lungs it does.

I'm like you, simply love the summer. Hopefully day after day of temps between 26 and 32c until the bloody cold and snow comes again.

The fact that, being an old git, standing in one place for any length of time at all makes my calf muscles ache like fuck as well as giving me a lot of pain around the hips. It brought it home to me that standing for 90 minutes at a football match - something I would once have thought nothing about - is now impossible for me. Quite sobering is that. Ideally, I need a servant to carry a chair around for me when I go out.

Fuckers who get to the toll booths on the M6 and start looking for their card, then can't reach the card-swipe, then reverse a bit, then have a conversation with the speaker, then get a receipt. I've usually overtaken them by the time the road narrows to 3 lanes.

Fuckers who get to the toll booths on the M6 and start looking for their card, then can't reach the card-swipe, then reverse a bit, then have a conversation with the speaker, then get a receipt. I've usually overtaken them by the time the road narrows to 3 lanes.
Toll booths ? Why do you have to pay to go on the M6 and why is there still toll booths, I thought us down under were backward in technology? We have a little dongle thing that beeps when I go over the toll bridge.

The fact that, being an old git, standing in one place for any length of time at all makes my calf muscles ache like fuck as well as giving me a lot of pain around the hips. It brought it home to me that standing for 90 minutes at a football match - something I would once have thought nothing about - is now impossible for me. Quite sobering is that. Ideally, I need a servant to carry a chair around for me when I go out.
Hey Brian I had that exact same problem, I went to a doctor and he said..........Age, take fish oil!

So I spoke to a personal trainer, he showed me these squatting exercises, do it for like 10 minutes every day, build up the muscles surrounding your hip and leg joints. result after about 2 weeks, no more hip or calf pain, no matter how long I stand.
It also helps not to be overweight as that puts a strain on all your joints.

Sometimes doctors are dim.

Toll booths ? Why do you have to pay to go on the M6 and why is there still toll booths, I thought us down under were backward in technology? We have a little dongle thing that beeps when I go over the toll bridge.

Yeah we have that on the Runcorn Bridge. No idea why the M6 is different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.