Stupid little things that bug you

At a pedestrian crossing when someone presses the button despite the ‘wait’ light already being on, meaning someone else has already pressed the button.

Mashing the button doesn’t make the lights change any quicker. Fuckwits.
People who press the button and then cross anyway meaning when the lights change to red for traffic all the traffic is stopped for no reason

People who press the button and then cross anyway meaning when the lights change to red for traffic all the traffic is stopped for no reason
Well if you press the button when there’s traffic, but then there’s a break in traffic enabling you to cross before the lights change then that’s fair enough.

Used to love pressing the buttons for a laugh as a kid.

Really? So why do most driving websites advise indicating?
I will repeat what I was taught. You only indictate if there is someone to appreciate the signal. That makes the driver think and look around rather than doing it automatically and therefore not concentrating. If you are in a dedicated right turn lane, stopped at traffic lights, do you indicate ? It is obvious where you are going to go there is no need to signal, it is the same when entering the motorway.

Edit: The Highway Code does not mention signalling when joining a motorway.

When a player taking a corner puts the ball down and has to wait until the lines person cranes their neck over it to see that a fraction of it is over the line. Lord have mercy!

I will repeat what I was taught. You only indictate if there is someone to appreciate the signal. That makes the driver think and look around rather than doing it automatically and therefore not concentrating. If you are in a dedicated right turn lane, stopped at traffic lights, do you indicate ? It is obvious where you are going to go there is no need to signal, it is the same when entering the motorway.

Edit: The Highway Code does not mention signalling when joining a motorway.
It's only obvious, turning right if there's a stagger on the lights.

You're giving drivers too much respect that they'll actually be in the correct lane when 2/3 lanes set off together.

It's been lovely on the roads for the last few months where I am but, the time is coming when there's TB's as I call them (Tourist Bastards) who are not used to the markings over here.

Well if you press the button when there’s traffic, but then there’s a break in traffic enabling you to cross before the lights change then that’s fair enough.

Used to love pressing the buttons for a laugh as a kid.
And then wedge a matchstick down the side so the button was constantly pressed in

Weather forecasters when talking about the weather saying “the here and now” What is that? How about just saying ”Here’s the weather for today”. The woman on North West says it every day and it really gets on my goat, I have to shout back at the telly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.