Summer Transfers

If we can get the right result from CAS hopefully khaldoon and pep are pissed off at the drop off this season and make the right signings to get us right back above the scouse twats!

Even with a positive result from CAS i cant see any major overhaul happening all at once - keeping within the guidelines for spending (even though they have been relaxed I believe) I dont think the club will see it as prudent.

I see a couple of new purchases (not including kids coming and going /loans to and from etc)

I think the overhaul will be doe in stages as we have the biggest job of all coming in the next 12 months and that is replacing Kun. A team cannot lose Sane and Kun within 12-18 months and still think it has enough - it doesnt.

Agree on Mahrez definitely -he should be doing so much more in my opinion - jury is STILL out on him as far as m concerned.

He was appalling for the first goal on at least 2 occaisions in the one incident.

Chilwell would be an improvement BUT not at that price. - Id prefer an unknown to Chilwell if thats the money you are going to have to pay.

Mendy is just a disaster waiting to happen but one we are going to have to put up with for at least another season - he needs to step up BIG time to get a reprieve.
Mate, Mahrez has been our second best player?! He frustrates me at times but what a player he's been for us. IMO I've not seen Sane produce the consistency Mahrez has for us this season (maybe I'm incredibly blinkered and f@cked off Sane is leaving). I agree Mendy still hasn't necessarily given me 100% confidence but I tip my cap to him as he's really stepped up since Covid (even before) and hopefully has his head screwed on now. Mendy just hasn't had THAT game with us to truly win the fans over, yet! I'm just dumbfounded by Stones sadly he's just never fit and it's so frustrating.

There's always a worry when signing a player that hasn't quite made his big move work. You either get a travelling player who will take big pay days or you get the player with the bit between his teeth and something to prove. If we get a heavy discounted later scenario player then great. I've not seen much of him to make that assumption is he that good in your opinion? Personally i'd sooner a winger/wide player to come instead of a central striker.

He seems to have all the attributes to be a top striker, he is like Lewandowski as far as the type of striker just obviously not at that level. The move to Real just doesn't seem to have worked for whatever reason, that happens sometimes.

What is our 17 foreign player list looking like? Has anyone done a list recently? I think there are quite a few names who could be off this summer and that is a position we have not had in years. Its been the most constraining thing for us.

Mate, Mahrez has been our second best player?! He frustrates me at times but what a player he's been for us. IMO I've not seen Sane produce the consistency Mahrez has for us this season (maybe I'm incredibly blinkered and f@cked off Sane is leaving). I agree Mendy still hasn't necessarily given me 100% confidence but I tip my cap to him as he's really stepped up since Covid (even before) and hopefully has his head screwed on now. Mendy just hasn't had THAT game with us to truly win the fans over, yet! I'm just dumbfounded by Stones sadly he's just never fit and it's so frustrating.

In your opinon he has been the second best - not mine.

KDB, D. Silva , Walker Kun, Ferna all more consistent in my opinion and Laporte obviously (but he hasnt played many games). Even in the few games he has played Foden has been more affective. Mahrez has flashes of brilliance and his skill is undeniable but he flits in and out of games and disappears far too often.

Mendy is fucking shocking imho - he is mascarading as a defender and that step up is still needed - Can he? - possibly but I wont hold my breath. I think his crossing is overrated as well. One thing he does have and Ill give him credit for are his angled passes on the inside (usually aimed at Silva) - they are a very useful weapon BUT his negatives outweigh his positives at the moment for me - so much that Id be trying to see what one of the EDS lads can do there

What is our 17 foreign player list looking like? Has anyone done a list recently? I think there are quite a few names who could be off this summer and that is a position we have not had in years. Its been the most constraining thing for us.

Ederson
Bravo - Out
Cancelo
Otamendi
Laporte
Mendy
Zinchenko
Fernandinho
Rodri
Gundogan
D Silva - Out
Bernardo
Mahrez
De Bruyne
Sane - Out
Aguero
Jesus

so 17 down to 14.

Can't believe there's still people who don't think Mahrez was a good signing.

I think he was a good signing but not a great signing. He needs to be more consistent and affect the big games and not go missing when the games get tough - tonight (if he plays) will be a great example of games where he needs to do this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.