Supporter Services - MCFC

Last weekend I could see me not bothering with the Norwich match, I just couldn't see a way my IT issues, email addresses, app downloads, password problems etc would be rectified. Hugely frustrating and annoying and as posted on here by many - more chance of getting through to Lord Lucan than City!
Anyway, some on here suggested I go to the IT drop in at the stadium, so booked a day online (yesterday) and went. Staff were brilliant and actually listened as I blustered and gave all the wrong technical terms, then they set it all up and I'm raring to go for Saturday. If you live close enough and can get down there, I highly recommend it.
Highlight was an old boy coming into the queuing area "is this where you can get application?" Lightened the mood.

Pissing down - the queuing and the area where they help you is undercover. Free coffee and tea too.

Time to bombard Manchester evenings news !!
The media give less than a fuck about all this, they'll have no problems getting in on time and will love writing about the 'no shows'...what they could try is when reading the board as they all obviously do is write an article about these issues, you know do some journalism and maybe, just maybe get a few of us onside rather than the fanbase wanting to punch their fucking lights out with one or two exceptions.

Last weekend I could see me not bothering with the Norwich match, just couldn't see a way my IT issues, email addresses, app downloads, password problems etc would be rectified. Hugely frustrating and annoying and as posted on here by many - more chance of getting thought to Lord Lucan than City!
Anyway, Some on here suggested I go to the IT drop in at the stadium, so booked a day online (yesterday) and went. Staff were brilliant and actually listened as I blustered and gave all the wrong technical terms, then they set it all up and I'm raring to go for Saturday. If you live close enough and can get down there, I highly recommend it.
Highlight was an old boy coming into the queuing area "is this where you can get application?" Lightened the mood.

Pissing down - the queuing and the area where they help you is undercover. Free coffee and tea too.

I'm convinced there will be older fans still sat at home expecting their seasoncard to drop through the door. Not like you can get hold of the club at the moment when you phone up.

We are the lucky ones that have seen it all unfold online. I think most will be sorted for Saturday, but I just really hope the club have the facilities ready for a large percentage struggling at the turnstiles. The Everton game was a doddle but this is 4 or 5 times the amount of people.

I'm convinced there will be older fans still sat at home expecting their seasoncard to drop through the door. Not like you can get hold of the club at the moment when you phone up.

We are the lucky ones that have seen it all unfold online. I think most will be sorted for Saturday, but I just really hope the club have the facilities ready for a large percentage struggling at the turnstiles. The Everton game was a doddle but this is 4 or 5 times the amount of people.
Your top line is my worry too but there are others.

My lad (30) is IT savvy & lives down south, travelling up to games/aways when not working with his 'seasoncard'.

He has a life to live as most people do where football isn't his whole life and to be honest without me keeping him in the loop he'd have been fucked for Saturday.

I include the possible Covid checks in that, he had no idea there COULD be spot checks. As it is the NHS app is no use to him as he was vaccinated in of all places Afghanistan with the Johnson vaccine so will take a lateral test on the Friday as proof.

I've told him we're getting in for 1pm no iffs & butts, a 7/8 hour return drive and missing half of the game being fucked about isn't an option I'm prepared to let him have.

Your top line is my worry too but there are others.

My lad (30) is IT savvy & lives down south, travelling up to games/aways when not working with his 'seasoncard'.

He has a life to live as most people do where football isn't his whole life and to be honest without me keeping him in the loop he'd have been fucked for Saturday.

I include the possible Covid checks in that, he had no idea there COULD be spot checks. As it is the NHS app is no use to him as he was vaccinated in of all places Afghanistan with the Johnson vaccine so will take a lateral test on the Friday as proof.

I've told him we're getting in for 1pm no iffs & butts, a 7/8 hour return drive and missing half of the game being fucked about isn't an option I'm prepared to let him have.

You do right mate, plenty will be there earlier than normal too.

I'm a similar age to your lad and my work comes in peaks and troughs, some points of the season I'm flat out and on another planet. I didn't know about the electronic tickets at first but I normally get a text off my dad flapping like big bird over fixture changes, IT issues etc.

I'm hoping any teething issues will be sorted within a few home games.

I bumped into one last Friday who said he had spent ages trying to phone to say his card hadn't arrived yet but couldn't get through. Turns out he doesn't have email, or internet and only uses his phone as a phone. He buys his ticket over the phone every year and the only contact City have with him is by post. This year they didn't even see fit to send him a letter telling him of the changes. He is going to visit the ground this week to see what they can do, but, if he hadn't seen me, he'd still be waiting for the postman.

I bumped into one last Friday who said he had spent ages trying to phone to say his card hadn't arrived yet but couldn't get through. Turns out he doesn't have email, or internet and only uses his phone as a phone. He buys his ticket over the phone every year and the only contact City have with him is by post. This year they didn't even see fit to send him a letter telling him of the changes. He is going to visit the ground this week to see what they can do, but, if he hadn't seen me, he'd still be waiting for the postman.

Nailed on mate, there will be hundreds like it. I know some blokes who are the same, one guy in particular gives his mate the cash who then goes to the ground and renews his season ticket for him.

Last weekend I could see me not bothering with the Norwich match, I just couldn't see a way my IT issues, email addresses, app downloads, password problems etc would be rectified. Hugely frustrating and annoying and as posted on here by many - more chance of getting through to Lord Lucan than City!
Anyway, some on here suggested I go to the IT drop in at the stadium, so booked a day online (yesterday) and went. Staff were brilliant and actually listened as I blustered and gave all the wrong technical terms, then they set it all up and I'm raring to go for Saturday. If you live close enough and can get down there, I highly recommend it.

And if you don't live close. ? Why should anyone have to bother going down to the Club to sort an issue created by them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.